CoolCD Studio 1.4
CoolCD Studio 1.4 Ranking & Summary
CoolCD Studio 1.4 description
CoolCD Studio 1.4 offers an effective tool which has a stylish digital graphical interface. Offers all the things you would expect from a CD player plus many extra features: full CDDB support (downloads, submits, jobs caching and queuing), direct/fast track access to CD features, an advanced sound visualization system (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, graphical equalizer), an integrated audio mixer, a powerful disc database manager, 4 view modes, 6 playback modes and more.
What is CDDB and FreeDB ?
CoolCD Studio is a CDDB enabled applicationCDDB (CD database) is an information database containing artist, disc title, track titles, and other information for digital audio compact discs. Over time, this archive has grown to contain a substantial collection of CD information and is continuing to grow at a rapid rate.
This database can be accessed by applications via the CDDB server hosts that have been set up on the Internet around the world.
The CDDB data format and the CDDB servers are designed to be open, and are used by many client applications requiring CD information. CDDB has become the de facto standard for Internet access of compact disc information.
CoolCD Studio uses FreeDB. FreeDB is a free approach to CDDB protocol. FreeDB is the largest free and anonymous CD Database on Internet.
FreeDB advantages are:
- It has been done and is managed under the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL).
- It is free to use now and will
- Be free in the future.
- It actually includes more than 500 000 entries and it is growing fast.
You don't have to register to FreeDB to use it. It is totally anonymous.
CDDB support in CoolCD Studio: When you insert a new disc CoolCD tries to read its description from the local database. If it fails (disc is not stored in the local database) CoolCD tries to download its description from Internet (CDDB server). This is the default behavior but you can override it.
Downloads and Submissions.: CoolCD is full CDDB compatible. That means the ability of CoolCD to download compact disc information as well as submitting such information to CDDB servers. For your convenience you can select the nearest to you CDDB server (online) and test connection with him.
CDDB job queueing.: When you are off-line and playing CD’s that you haven’t yet downloaded from CDDB, you can take advantage of the CoolCD's queuing facility to download or submitting your CD information when connected later rather than having to re-insert the CD’s again just to get your download or make a submission. And when you’re ready (and connected) you can perform all queued jobs (downloads and submissions).
- A stylish digital GUI (graphic user interface) with multiple "touch-sensitive" displays
- CoolCD Studio - The premium Audio CD Player for Windows
- Full CDDB and FREEDB support (downloads, submit, jobs caching and queuing)
- An advanced sound visualization system (waveform oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, graphical equalizer)
- Fine control of disc and track playing position through Direct CD Access feature
- Fast track selections through Fast Track Access to CD feature
- Multiple view modes (Full, Brief, Mini and Tray)
- Multiple playback modes (introscan, playlist, repeat, repeat 1 (one), single play and shuffle)
- Windows CD Player INI file support
- A powerful disc database manager (useful database views, search, import, export, print)
- An integrated audio mixer
- User-defined Windows Shell Integration
- LOTS of useful setup options
- Ability to print a report of selected discs discs in database with new Print Wizard.
- Status bar in the database window displays the number of selected discs.
Requirements: A standard Windows PC
CoolCD Studio 1.4 Screenshot
CoolCD Studio 1.4 Keywords
Bookmark CoolCD Studio 1.4
CoolCD Studio 1.4 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.