Dictation Buddy 4.0
Dictation Buddy 4.0 Ranking & Summary
Dictation Buddy 4.0 description
Dictation Buddy 4.0 is designed as an audio recording program which provides users many useful functions such as recording phone calls, taking dictation or doing transcription.
The program now supports imbedded text and bookmarks that allow for speedy access to selected portions of the recording. Bookmarks may also have assoiciated text information.
- Foot Pedal Support (USB or Game Port)
- The programs support foot pedal control of the playback functions through a USB connected foot pedal. To access the foot control options, go to View=>Options=>Foot Control. In order to use foot pedal support, you must enable this function, by checking the "Enable foot control" box in this Window. You must also have a USB port foot pedal.
- Hot-key Support
- The programs also supports Hot-keys to control playback. With hot-keys, a person can control playback at the same time that they type text into their word processor.
- Play / Pause / Play Feature
- The Play / Pause / Play feature that allows a user to play a recording and have the playback intermittently pause. This feature allows the typist to periodically catch up to the playback. This feature has three associated parameters. The Playback Duration parameter indicates how long playback should continue, prior to the occurrence of a Pause. The Size of Pause parameter indicates the duration of each pause. The Step Back parameter causes play to begin some seconds prior to the point at which it stopped. All of these parameters are specified in seconds. These parameters are set in the following Window. In this example, Play Duration is set to 15 seconds, the Size of Pause is 2 seconds and the Step Back is set to 1 second.
- Variable Speed Playback with Automatic Pitch Control
- The ability to vary the speed at which playback occurs. The software will automatically adjust the pitch associated with the altered speed, to eliminate the high-pitched tones usually associated with advanced play-back speeds. Once a file has begun playing, the Play button changes to a speed button as illustrated here: . As either the double left or double right arrows are clicked, the speed is altered according to the Speed Settings in the View => Options => Playback Window settings. Hot Keys are also available to alter the playback speed. See View => Options => Hotkeys for more information about the Hotkeys controlling playback speed.
- Audio File Compression Support
- The programs can playback all types of compressed audio files. Included with the program is support for Olympus DSS files. Follow this link for more information about compressed audio files.
- Always On Top
- This feature places the Buddy Window on top of other applications on your Windows desktop. This Window will never be "behind" other applications and it will always be seen. Go to the View pull down menu and select Always on Top to activate this feature.
- Thin View
- This feature presents a very small Buddy Window that will only use a small portion of the available desktop space. This view has only the most important controls and information. You can enter into Thin View by clicking the Thin View icon on the application taskbar, or you can go to the View pull down menu and select Thin View. You can drag the thin view around on your desktop, by clicking on the first icon on the display.
- Auto Stepback on Pause
- There are three separate "Step-Back" options within the Buddy program. When used with a pause, each of these settings causes the current point of playback to be reset. This feature allows the last few seconds of the recording to be replayed, so the transcriptionist can "find their place" and resume typing.
- One Step-Back setting is used with a foot pedal. When the "play" pedal is released, and the playback is paused, the playback position may be reset to begin playback from just prior to where the playback stopped. The setting for this parameter can be found in the Window with the other settings for the pedal functions. See View => Options => Foot Control => Set Pedal Functions to set this amount of time to Step-Back.
- Another Step-Back setting is associated with the Play-Pause-Play facility. This automatic facility allows the playback to continually play and pause. The Step-Back setting associated with this feature can be found on the same Window as other Play-Pause-Play settings. See Audio => AutoPause Parameters to set this Step-Back parameter.
- The final Step-Back parameter is associated with the Pause setting that is available on the primary Window. Set this Step-Back parameter on the View => Options => Playback Window.
- Imbedded Bookmarks
- The Buddy programs have the ability to imbed bookmarks within a wav file, to allow for comments and allow for easy access of specific points within the file. Please follow this link for more information about Buddy bookmarks.
Dictation Buddy 4.0 Screenshot
Dictation Buddy 4.0 Keywords
Bookmark Dictation Buddy 4.0
Dictation Buddy 4.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.