Discstarter 5.0.1 Ranking & Summary
Discstarter 5.0.1 description
Discstarter is a highly customizable offline browser that allows the creation of modern, professional-looking menus and front-ends for CD-ROMs by using simple HTML. These front-ends meet the highest demands of quality and stability. Special programming knowledge is not required. There are no limitations concerning the customization of Discstarters browser window: a border style can be selected, or deselected at will. Or a self-designed skin for an individual window shape can be applied. It is possible to show the window in full screen mode as well as a normal window. Additional functionality includes the ability to add, an optional toolbar, a custom icon, a caption and a default cursor.
Optional visual effects such as a drop shadow under Discstarters browser window, or a smooth fade-in on startup, promote a professional look and feel to the user. A simple and clean looking Start Menu or a stunning multimedia application: everything is possible! Not only CD-ROM menus can be created using Discstarter, also impressive digital business cards, product or company presentations, catalogs, documentation and PowerPoint presentations can be made. Discstarter is an application that allows you to create HTML based CD-ROM menus in no time. For a simple and quick integration into CD-ROM projects a special wizard called Discstarter Designer is provided, along with extensive documentation that assists you in generating the required configuration files.
- Menus and front ends are based on pure standard-compliant HTML pages
- All features of modern browsers are fully supported
- The Discstarter window is fully customizable (with/without window border, completely borderless or even with a custom skin applied to it, optional fully customizable toolbar, window title, application icon, etc.)
- Popup blocker and other browser-related security features like blocking the execution of EXE files when referenced by a hyperlink do not influence the behaviour of you menu when running with Discstarter
- Directly execute any file type you want when referenced by a Hyperlink
- Copy or copy & execute any file via hyperlink (perfectly suited for software installations)
- Checking system requirements (e.g. Flash, Quicktime or Java) before starting the menu and launching an alternative start menu if a requirement is not fulfilled
- Context menus can be customized or even completely deactivated
- Modern state-of-the-art GUI effects such as drop-shadow under the window or a smooth fade-in effect on start-up
- Maximum compatibility and interoperability
- Background music can be configured according to your needs (looping endlessly or stopping after the first click in the menu)
- Execution of applications with command line parameters via hyperlink is supported
- Additional external extensions allow you to integrate even more functionality, such as an installation-free CD-ROM Web server for CD-ROM menus that use PHP, Perl, MySQL or SQLite, etc. or a full text search engine for the CD-ROM content.
- Improved Windows Vista support
- A completely new Discstarter Designer application for configuring Discstarter projects.
Discstarter 5.0.1 Screenshot
Discstarter 5.0.1 Keywords
Bookmark Discstarter 5.0.1
Discstarter 5.0.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.