iHomeServer for iTunes 1.2
iHomeServer for iTunes 1.2 Ranking & Summary
iHomeServer for iTunes 1.2 description
iHomeServer for iTunes 1.2 comes to users as an impressive and useful application which allows iTunes to run without user intervention as a background service. iTunes normally runs as a desktop application which requires you to be logged into your desktop at all times in order to play music or video remotely.
Many people are now using Home Sharing to share a single iTunes music/video library with other iTunes clients, however, most know the frustration of trying to keep the iTunes always open on your computer.
There's nothing more annoying than trying to stream music to your iPhone or iPad only to find that iTunes isn't running, or worse still has crashed, on your computer! What's the point of having all of your media centralised if you can't access it?
Enter iHomeServer for iTunes! iHomeServer for iTunes installs an agent on top of a normal iTunes installation and runs iTunes in the background as a service. iHomeServer now support iTunes 10.5 so new features such as Wifi sync and iCloud purchase synchronisation are also available to your iTunes Media Server!
- Runs iTunes as a background service
- Custom "watch folders" scanned for new/changed media
- Supports iTunes Airplay and Home Sharing
- Supports iTunes Remote App for iOS
- Supports iTunes Wifi Sync
- Supports iTunes iCloud purchase synchronisation
- Background refreshes iTunes media metadata
- Background refreshes iTunes cover art
- Transparently restarts if iTunes crashes
- Dead content detection - automatically cleans the iTunes library if tracks have been removed from your hard disk
- Supports iTunes even when no Sound Card is installed
- Enhancement: option to disable auto deleting orphaned tracks (eg for NAS)
- Enhancement: option to not scan known non media tracks (eg jpg)
- Enhancement: 30 day trial introduced.
- Bug fix: indexing a playlist automatically starts playing tracks in iTunes
- Bug fix: if iTunes stops responding via COM, iHomeServer used to crash. Now it checks for modal dialog boxes and tries again at next poll;
- Bug fix: copying a large file to a watch folder caused the file not to be indexed (change change criteria)
- Bug fix: General code tidy up;
- Operating system
- Windows xp, windows vista, windows 7, windows server 2003, windows server 2008, windows home server
- Other requirements
- Itunes 10.4 and above
iHomeServer for iTunes 1.2 Screenshot
iHomeServer for iTunes 1.2 Keywords
Bookmark iHomeServer for iTunes 1.2
iHomeServer for iTunes 1.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Media Jukebox 3.0.357
- J. River MEDIA CENTER 11
- Media Resizer thumbnail creator 2.57
- Throttlebox Player 2.0
- Advanced File Organizer 2.61
- DJ2000 MP3 Manager and Player 1.50
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 7, Build 1956, Security Patch: ASX Buffer Overrun and WMS Script Execution Vulnerabil 11-22-00
- Text2GSM 2.0