MCE Controller 1.3
MCE Controller 1.3 Ranking & Summary
MCE Controller 1.3 description
MCE Controller 1.3 is considered as a simple yet beneficial program which enables the remote control of a Windows PC over the network. It runs in the background on a Windows PC listening on the network for commands. It then translates those commands into actions such as keystrokes, text input, and the starting of programs.
This application was initially developed to enable integration of a Windows based home theater PC (HTPC) into a Crestron whole-house audio/video system. However, it is general enough that it can be utilized from any control system that supports sending text strings to a TCP/IP port. Most control systems, such as Crestron or AMX, support IR emitting. For many applications, emitting the MCE IR commands will suffice. However, for some installations the reliability of IR emitting and other factors may make IR emitting problematic and MCE Controller offers a robust solution.
MCE Controller can act as either a TCP/IP client or server. When acting as a client the target host and port can be configured. When acting as a server the incoming port can be configured. MCE Controller runs showing only a taskbar icon. By double clicking on the taskbar a status window is displayed that shows a log of all activity. You can also right-click on the taskbar icon for a menu.
- Can act as a TCP/IP client or server.
- TCP/IP port can be changed in Settings.
- Runs minimzed as a taskbar icon by default. This can be changed in Settings...
- Supports simulating keypresses (e.g. Alt-Tab, or Win-S) with SendInput commands.
- Supports simulating Windows messages (e.g. WM_SYSCOMMAND / SC_MAXIMIZE) with SendMessage commands.
- Supports simulating start process commands (e.g. run notepad.exe) with the StartProcess command.
- Supports simulating changing the window focus with the SetForegroundWindow command.
- Supports sending text (e.g. simulating typing) with the "chars:" command.
- MCEController.commands includes common Windows Media Center commands. It can easily be extended to suit your needs.
- Supports running multiple instances.
MCE Controller 1.3 Screenshot
MCE Controller 1.3 Keywords
Bookmark MCE Controller 1.3
MCE Controller 1.3 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.