Mixxx 1.6.0 Ranking & Summary
Mixxx 1.6.0 description
Mixxx is designed for DJing for both professional and semi-professional users. Mixxx was started in early 2001 as one of the first digital DJ systems.
Today Mixxx includes many features common to digital DJ solutions, but also some very unique features: It is free, and runs on all major desktop operating systems.
Futhermore Mixxx has a number of key features to help the DJ in the live mix: Beat estimation, parallel visual displays, and support for many DJ input controllers.
Mixxx reads most popular sound formats, including Ogg Vorbis, MP3, Aiff and Wave. For communication Mixxx supports MIDI and standard input devices such as Joysticks and mice.
- Beat estimation
Mixxx estimates the BPM of each song to help you beat match.
- Pitch independent time stretch
Adjust the tempo of your tracks without changing their pitch.
- Hardware support
Control Mixxx with your favorite MIDI devices and hardware like the Griffin Powermate.
- Waveform summary displays
Visually see the dynamics of a track, just like with vinyl.
- Completely Free
Mixxx was designed by DJs, for DJs, and is distributed freely under the GPL. Mixxx is also completely free of spyware and adware.
- Added BPM reading from MP3/OGG files which have it embedded in them (ID3)
- Various accuracy improvements to the BPM detection
- Added preliminary support for multiple inputs with vinyl control (consecutive channel pairs only - eg. 1/2 and 3/4)
- Support for the Hercules DJ Console RMX
- Hercules DJ Console MK2 bug fixes
- Support for the Hercules DJ Console Mac Edition
- Support for the Behringer BCD3000, including LEDs
- Support for the Akai MPD24
- Improvements to the vinyl emulation and pitch-independent time stretch sound quality
- LADSPA effects support is rapidly improving, but is not compiled in by default yet (scons ladspa=1)
- Finished adding recording support
- Performance improvements while using vinyl control
- Support for 96000 Hz samplerates with Serato vinyls
- Build flags are now cached automatically
- Improved flanger effect
- Configurable cue behaviour, which now defaults to CDJ-style cueing.
- Enabled realtime priority with ALSA, improves performance with Linux RT kernels.
Mixxx 1.6.0 Screenshot
Mixxx 1.6.0 Keywords
Bookmark Mixxx 1.6.0
Mixxx 1.6.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.