REAPER 2.51 Ranking & Summary
REAPER 2.51 description
REAPER is a powerful but sensible Windows program that lets you record, edit, render and arrange multi-track waveform audio.
REAPER is a powerful but sensible Windows application designed for the recording, arrangement, editing, mixing and rendering of audio. REAPER provides a flexible but easy to use interface that is equally suited to amateurs and professionals alike.
REAPER versions 0.4-0.99 are freeware, but starting with version 1.0 the license will change to very reasonably priced (with amateur and professional rates/support) uncrippled nag-free shareware, supporting unexpiring full functionality in unregistered form.
￭ Easy to use
Equally usable by hobby users and professionals alike. Simply drag and drop one of many kinds of files in to edit existing material, or insert a track and arm it for recording. No complex project settings or definitions are required.
￭ Extremely small footprint
REAPER is full featured, but its installer is barely over 1 megabyte. It starts and closes fast, and is easily installed on new systems or on portable drives.
￭ Fast and powerful editing facilities
Split, resize, fade/crossfade, pitch shift, timestretch, copy/paste and loop media items with ease. Ripple editing is available, too.
￭ Unrivaled routing capabilities
Send tracks to any number of other tracks or hardware outputs, with lots of options (pre-fx, post-fx, independent faders, mono or stereo). Not interested in advanced routing? You dont have to use it (and it certainly wont get in the way.)
￭ Powerful recording options
Supports pre-fx, post-fx recording, can record mixed output of multiple tracks, etc, supports switching record inputs/modes on the fly, input monitoring options (including tape-style auto input monitoring mode), supports auto-punch-in/punch-out, and more. If you want. Otherwise, it just behaves as you would expect.
￭ Wide open compatibility
Sane, human readable, human editable project file format. Support for reading and writing many common file formats. Support for consolidating track edits and rendering track stems, to enable easy export for other applications. EDL import/export for Samplitude and Vegas.
￭ MIDI support
Support for MIDI files, recording MIDI, and VSTi/DXi softsynths. MIDI can be integrated and mixed with audio.
￭ Customizeable user interface
User arrangeable user interface with color themes: make REAPER look how you want it to look, and arrange (or hide) elements of the user interface to suit your needs.
￭ Bundled Effects and 3rd party plug-in Support
Includes built in effects including a compressor, gate, FFT EQ, and some basic synthesizers, and includes many Jesusonic effects, and supports many plug-ins (including VST and DX plug-ins) with full plug-in delay compensation.
- Minimum system: 500mhz processor, 10MB free disk space, 800x600 in 256 colors or higher, Windows compatible sound hardware
- Recommended system: Multiple processors, >1GB free disk space, 1280x1024 in 16.7M colors, ASIO sound drivers
- 30 days trial
- JS: new development environment with editor, debugging support (variable watches)
- Saving track templates now saves any track media items as well (since people seem to want this)
- Loading track templates, fx chains, presets, now prompts for missing media (if REAPER is configured to do so)
- Action: move cursor back or forward one beat or measure, move cursor to start of this or next measure
- Move to start of current measure action moves back a measure if cursor is already at measure start
- Create measure from selection actions optionally set project tempo instead of inserting markers
- REX2: adjust imported slice length to hear the longest tail of previous slices underneath later slices
- JS: better UI auto-sizing/arrangement
- JS: MIDI/midi_CC_mapper, updates to spectropaint, added spectropaint_filter
- OSX: fixed keyboard focus issue on many actions
- OSX: fixed bug with screensets window (could also affect win32)
- OSX: fixed keyboard state loading bug (required manually removing some key assignments -- could also affect win32)
- Vegas EDL: load/save of fade shapes, lock state, preserve pitch state, loading of mute state
- ReaSynDr: fixed non-multiout mode
- Fixed crashes when MIDI files are not found and ignored on project load
- Fixed project start time offset when rendering cues
- Fixed FX-add recent search combobox height
- Fiddly fixes for zero crossing navigation with high frequency content
REAPER 2.51 Screenshot
REAPER 2.51 Keywords
Bookmark REAPER 2.51
REAPER 2.51 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.