SoftStep 3.2 Ranking & Summary
SoftStep 3.2 description
SoftStep 3.2 offers you a powerful modular MIDI step sequencer patterned after the modular analog step sequencers. The big ones, with lots of knobs and blinky lights. But SoftStep goes far beyond its step sequencer roots, to give you algorithmic composing tools of all kinds, including fractal, chaos, probability, and numerical based algorithms of virtually unlimited flexibility.
- To create a MIDI composition with SoftStep you create the modules and connect them together to produce a MIDI data stream that drives any MIDI synthesizer, or sound card. It will make a standard MIDI file for your web page, to insert into your music notation sequencer, or just play with any MIDI file player.
- You can begin with a simple sequence, and then repeat, modify or combine and recombine it with other sequences. Not only do you hear the changes instantly, you also see them.
- SoftStep modules are visually dynamic, with values changing, lights blinking, indicators flashing. This visual dynamic is what sets SoftStep apart from other modular algorithmic programs, that let you make the connections but otherwise give minimal visual feedback.
- With SoftStep, even large, complex patches are easy to follow because nearly every module gives an animated visual indication of its processes.
- SoftStep runs on all Windows operating systems from Windows 95 on. This includes Windows 95, 98, ME, XP, 2000, and NT4. While there are no hard limitations on CPU speed, you are recommended 450 MHz or faster for best results.
- You also need a MIDI compatible sound card or interface. If you can play a .mid file, SoftStep will work. A graphics display of at least 1024x768 High Color (16-bit) or True Color is recommended. For best results, system memory should be at least what is recommended by Microsoft for the version of Windows you are running, and no less than 32MB.
SoftStep 3.2 Screenshot
SoftStep 3.2 Keywords
Bookmark SoftStep 3.2
SoftStep 3.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.