Transcribe! for Windows 7.51
Transcribe! for Windows 7.51 Ranking & Summary
Transcribe! for Windows 7.51 description
Transcribe! for Windows 7.51 helps you to make the transcription job smoother and easier, including the ability to slow down the music without changing its pitch, and to analyse chords and show you what notes are present.
Conventional music players (whether hardware such as a CD player or an iPod, or software such as Windows Media Player or iTunes) are really designed for people who want to listen to whole tracks. They are very inconvenient for transcribing music as they are not designed for this purpose. If you copy the recording to your computer's hard disk as a sound file then you can use Transcribe! instead. Transcribe! offers many features aimed at making the transcription job smoother and easier, including the ability to slow down music without changing its pitch, to analyse chords and show you what notes are present, and the capability of adding markers and textual annotations so you can easily navigate around the track. Transcribe! also has a piano keyboard displayed on screen which you can click to play reference notes.
Transcribe! plays and records audio files but it is not an audio editor. It is capable of applying various effects to audio such as speed change, pitch change and EQ. You can save the modified audio to a new sound file if you want.
Transcribe! displays the track as a scrollable waveform from left to right. You can place markers for sections, measures and beats, and you can label them with descriptive names and add textual annotations if you want. The markers identify the various points in the track and you can click on any point to play instantly from that point. There is a rich collection of keyboard shortcuts for controlling playback, and you can also use pedals for hands-free playback control.
Transcribe! takes no interest in MIDI files - these already contain explicit information about what notes are to be played and when, and there are plenty of programs available which can display this information. Transcribe! deals with audio sample data files.
Transcribe! can also be used very effectively for transcribing speech. There is some advice about this in Transcribe!'s help, under the heading "Various Topics".
- Transcribe! reads audio from many different types of audio file and audio CD.
- It displays the audio waveform and allows you to scroll around, place markers for sections, measures and beats, and easily play or loop from any point.
- You can also add textual annotations.
- Loops and positions can be stored and recalled.
- There are many keyboard shortcuts and you can configure these as you like.
- You can configure Transcribe! to respond to MIDI (not on Linux) so as to keep your hands free : start and stop playback with your feet!
- There is extensive and readable help accessible from within the program.
- The "spectrum" feature displays the strength of the various pitches in any chord or note you select, in the form of a graph - a wavy line over a piano keyboard graphic.
- The height of the various peaks in the graph indicate the strength of the note above which the peak appears.
- This is not a magic bullet for analysing chords but it can be a very useful source of information. Transcribe! offers various audio processing effects (Slowdown, Pitch Change, EQ filtering etc) intended to help with transcribing.
- These effects all run in "real time" unless your machine is old & slow. This means there is no pre-processing or other waiting, the processing is performed on-the-fly while playing and you can instantly hear the effect of changes to EQ etc. For instance if you press the half-speed button while playing then playback simply continues, at half speed.
- Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista
- Mac OS 7.5 - 10.5 and Linux/x86/GTK
Transcribe! for Windows 7.51 Screenshot
Transcribe! for Windows 7.51 Keywords
Bookmark Transcribe! for Windows 7.51
Transcribe! for Windows 7.51 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.