Wave Corrector Professional 3.5
Wave Corrector Professional 3.5 Ranking & Summary
Wave Corrector Professional 3.5 description
Wave Corrector Professional 3.5 offers you a true WYSIWYG waveform corrector to automatically remove clicks and hiss from vinyl and tape/cassette recordings. Correction artefacts are kept to a very low level by sophisticated algorithms which replicate the waveform underlying the noise.
Wave Corrector uses advanced digital processing to remove noise from old analogue recordings and to create digital audio files. Files can be transferred to CD or to a digital library. The program runs on the Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista platforms and on LINUX under Wine.
Wave Corrector is designed to the meet the needs of both the home music lover as well as the professional archivist. Its overriding purpose is to maintain the maximum possible fidelity to the original recording. By means of powerful interpolation and concealment algorithms, Wave Corrector generates click corrections which blend harmoniously with the underlying waveform.. Because of its high accuracy, many thousands of large and small amplitude clicks can be concealed without processing artefacts becoming intrusive to the listener.
Other tools include digital filters to remove hum and rumble and for correcting tonal balance.
The program also divides multi-track album files into separate CD track files.
Unlike other similar products, Wave Corrector allows individual click corrections to be auditioned and edited (adjusted) for maximum fidelity. Corrections can also be manually inserted or removed. A graphical display overlays the corrected and uncorrected waveforms so that they can be visually as well as aurally compared.
Even badly damaged original recordings can thereby be restored to near pristine condition and the user has complete control over the restoration process.
The user interface comprises the following main components:
- The main window emulates an enhanced dual trace oscilloscope display and features green and red traces representing the left and right channel corrected waves. The underlying uncorrected waves are shown in blue. Various other colour coded information is also present.
- To the left of the main window is a control bar for setting the 'oscilloscope' controls: vertical gain, horizontal gain, etc.
- Below the main Window is an Overview window which displays a histogram of either the current track or the entire wave file, Below the histogram, markers represent each of the detected clicks.
- To the right is the Correction List window which lists all the corrections performed by the program. These corrections are colour coded according to the estimated severity of the click.
- A conventional windows toolbar and status bar complete the Wave Corrector Interface.
- De-Click Vinyl Records
- Wave Corrector employs sophisticated noise reduction algorithms to remove many kinds of surface noise including repeating clicks, ticks and plops. The click eliminator provides accurate audio restoration by reconstructing the original audio wave from measurements of the phase and frequency content. In the Professional Edition, individual click corrections can be manually adjusted to optimise the corrected wave.
- A hiss removal option removes background hiss from music cassettes and reel to reel tapes.
- Manual and Timed Recordings
- Direct recording from within the program allows the material to be placed on the hard disc where all the other program options are available. The timer option allows you, for example, to make unattended recordings of radio broadcasts.
- Track Editor
- This automatically divides the recording into numbered tracks and allows editing of track boundaries.
- Fade in/out
- This provides for automatic or manual fades at track boundaries. The fade times can be varied to optimise the start and end of tracks.
Enhancements: added spectrogram option
- At least 2GB of hard disk space
- Soundcard for record/playback functions
Wave Corrector Professional 3.5 Screenshot
Wave Corrector Professional 3.5 Keywords
Bookmark Wave Corrector Professional 3.5
Wave Corrector Professional 3.5 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.