A Handy Address Book Server 2.2
A Handy Address Book Server 2.2 Ranking & Summary
A Handy Address Book Server 2.2 description
A Handy Address Book Server 2.2 is created to help you view, modify, or administer address books using a web browser from any platform. You can define users and set permissions, so address books can be shared among multiple users with varying levels of access. In addition to the web interface, an optional Handy Address Book client for Windows is also available for working with your address books.
Handy Address Book is ideal for:
- Sharing contacts among multiple users in an office
- Networking your address book for access on multiple computers
- Making a corporate directory available on your web site
- Making your address book available no matter where you travel
Handy Address Book is available in two versions: Server and CGI. The 2 versions have the same functionality, so you may choose the version that best fits your needs.
Handy Address Book Server:
The Server version runs on Windows, and includes a built in web server. No other software is necessary, all you need is the Handy Address Book Server and a Windows based PC. Handy Address Book Server runs on Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista.
Handy Address Book CGI:
The CGI version works the same as the Server version, but is written in Perl, so will run on nearly any platform with a web server that can run Perl/CGI scripts. This includes Unix, Linux, and Windows.
- Easy Setup
- Handy Address Book Server installs just like any Windows program. Just download and run the setup program. No other software is required.
- Handy Address Book CGI installs like any Perl program. Just place it in the cgi-bin folder on your web server.
- Web-Based Address Books
- Access your contacts using a web browser from anywhere you have access to the internet. All operations on your address books are performed through a web browser, including viewing, editing, and administration.
- Networkable Address Books
- Share address books with multiple users. Any number of users can be using the same address book at the same time. Multiple users can view and edit contacts at the same time.
- Users & Permissions
- Control who can use an address book, and what level of access each user will have. Each user can have None, View, Add, Edit, or Admin permissions. You can create an unlimited number of users. Permissions can be set independently for each user for each address book. Also supports permissions for an "Anonymous" user, giving you the flexibility to provide access without requiring a logon.
- Create an unlimited number of categories to organize your contacts within an address book. Address book specific categories can be created, and global categories can also be created. Global categories are available in all address books.
- Unlimited Contacts
- Each address book can contain an unlimited number of contacts.
- Customizable Appearance
- Adjust all the colors and fonts for each address book. Insert your own custom HTML into the banner, header, and footer, and specify a background image to use. Use these options to give your address book the same look and feel as the rest of your existing web site.
- Customizable and Sorting Capable List View
- The main "List" view can be customized to display any fields you choose, and in any order. The List view allows sorting by any displayed column. Just click on the column header to sort by that column. Click the same column again to switch between ascending/descending sorting. The column controlling the sort order displays a small arrow in the column's header.
- Contact Filters
- Filter your displayed contacts within an address book by category, the alphabet, or both.
- Contact Search
- Easily search for contacts in your address book. Advanced search options allow you to choose which fields to search in.
- Import and Export
- Import from other popular contact management programs, including: Microsoft Outlook, Windows Address Book (Outlook Express), Palm Desktop, vCard files, Handy Address Book Server, and Yahoo. Export to any of these same formats as well.
- Custom Field Names
- Customize the field name titles for any of the email, mailing address, phone number, or custom fields.
- Easy access to look up maps for any contact. The details view for each contact will display a link next to each street address. Supported map servers include: Google, MapQuest, and Yahoo.
- Multiple "Installation" Support
- Create multiple "Installations", all running under the same server. Each Installation is isolated from all other Installations, giving you the flexibility to provide "Installation Admin" rights on a per-Installation basis.
- Optional Handy Client
- Access address books with either a web browser or the optional Handy client. The Handy client is a separate Windows program. Some advantages of the Handy client over a web browser are: locally cached database for faster access, more printing options, phone dialing, and the "Live Update" feature.
A Handy Address Book Server 2.2 Screenshot
A Handy Address Book Server 2.2 Keywords
Bookmark A Handy Address Book Server 2.2
A Handy Address Book Server 2.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Join (Merge, Combine) Multiple Web Sites Into One Software 7.0
- CVBackup Server Edition 5.3
- Word Frequency Count In Multiple Web Sites Software 7.0
- NetWrix SQL Server Change Reporter 1.1.32
- Extract Email Addresses From Multiple Web Sites Software 7.0
- Excel Import Multiple Web Sites Software 7.0
- Extract Data & Text From Multiple Web Sites Software 7.0
- Google Picasa Web Albums Download Multiple Images Software 7.0