Dimlog 1.7 Ranking & Summary
Dimlog 1.7 description
Dimlog 1.7 is created to log in detail how much time is spent on a project, a type of activity, or other user-defined categories. Time can be recorded by using the built-in stopwatch, or entered manually. Multi-user access is possible when you place the Dimlog file in a location where all users have write access. No extra software needs to be installed on a server.
Each user can have its own to-do items, or can create general to-do items that are visible for everyone. The calendar in Dimlog displays the to-do items on their due date. For each user, you can view or print timesheets. Time spending statistics are available for each category, and for each combination of categories. Statistics can be viewed in graphs or exported to a file. The Dimlog data file as a whole can be exported to XML.
The categories, on which you log time, are organized in trees. For example, all projects and subprojects are organized in a project tree, and users can be organized in groups and departments. You can decide which category trees you want. For example, it is possible to add an extra category tree to record the hourly rate for the time that is spent. To record a time spending, the user selects one element of each category tree, and clicks the Start button, or enters the start and stop time manually.
You can view and edit previously entered sessions. Dimlog can also be used as a repository of links to files and web pages. Files can be attached to projects, types of activity, or other categories. When someone starts to work on a project, he can quickly open its associated file by double clicking on the project category.
- Time recording
- Dimlog records the time when the start and stop button is clicked.
- System tray
- Time recording can be done from the system tray.
- Manual time entry
- Manually entering the start and stop time of a work session can be done in a separate screen (See image on the right). Existing time session are visualized as black rectangles. Dimlog checks if a newly entered time session will overlap with existing sessions.
- Detailed time entry
- You can customize which properties of a time session a user must specify when he logs time. For example: projects, hourly rate, people, and type of activity.
- The category structure is hierarchical. This means that projects can have subprojects.
- Multi-user access is possible when the Dimlog-file is stored on a shared location on your network. No additional software needs to be installed on your server. Dimlog only requires regular file access.
- Dimlog can be configured to be single-user, simply by storing the Dimlog file on a non-shared location on your own computer.
- Note: Dimlog is not web-based. It is a native Windows application.
- To-do list
- There is a shared to-do list. Each to-do item has a description, a priority and a due date.
- The to-do list is linked to the project structure.
- Timesheets and other statistics
- Dimlog can generate a printable timesheet of a week.
- Various statistics are available: The time spent on a category or on a combination of categories, or within a certain time span.
- There are graphs of the time spent on a series of days, weeks or months.
- Statistics can be exported to a file.
- File links repository
- Store links to related files and web pages.
- Version 1.7 adds system tray functionality, and a new activity information screen.
Dimlog 1.7 Screenshot
Dimlog 1.7 Keywords
Bookmark Dimlog 1.7
Dimlog 1.7 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.