Excel Unit Conversion Addin 3.0
Excel Unit Conversion Addin 3.0 Ranking & Summary
Excel Unit Conversion Addin 3.0 description
Excel Unit Conversion Addin 3.0 is a Microsoft Excel Add-in offering direct conversion of values between any two units (eg. kg and lb), which works with the Excel environment to let easy access through the menus and toolbars.
Units are defined in a simple text file, which can be modified if new ones are required. However most units are already defined and new derived units can be generated on the fly (e.g. kg.m/s). Dimensional Analysis is used to ensure that the conversion is legitimate.
The system entirely removes unit conversion issues from general calculation code - all conversion is done on input and output and the calculation can work in any self-consistent set of units, with no concern as to how the user wishes to input and display the data.
In addition, the approach adopted provides complete flexibility in the units that can be used, and an indefinite number of new units can be added at any time. The system is able to derive new units on the fly, no matter how obsure. These units are broken down using Dimensional Analysis to calculate the conversion factor and to ensure that the conversion is legitimate.
The system is driven by Unicode text files, which you could use to extend the unit classes supported. However, you will probably never need to understand these files, as a comprehensive set of units are already defined.
This Microsoft Add-In provides very powerful unit conversion functionality. The main unit conversion functionality is available as a user defined function. This can be accessed from the Insert Function dialog or by simply typing it into a cell. It's tight integration with the Excel environment allows easy access through the menus and toolbars.
The main unit conversion functionality is available as a user defined function. This can be accessed from the Insert Function dialog or by simply typing it into a cell.
- Flexible unit conversion can easily be added to Excel.
- A single function call converts between any units of measure.
- A value and two units string is all that is required.
- Converted values can be recalculated 'on-the-fly'.
- Cells can be laid out in any arrangement.
- Additional conversion function to handle 'Number Unit' strings.
- User defined function to retrieve description of any unit string.
- A menu specific to unit conversion is provided to give you access to some commonly used features.
- Some of the menu items are also provided on a Units toolbar.
- Each function parameter has a description associated with it in the Function Arguments dialog.
- Unit Conversion Formula in cells, worksheets & workbooks can be 'frozen'.
- Unit descriptions, factors & offsets can be updated within Excel.
- Currency conversion can be handled.
- Support for Unicode characters, allowing any character or symbol to be used.
- Improved Excel integration
Requirements: Excel 97-2003
Excel Unit Conversion Addin 3.0 Screenshot
Excel Unit Conversion Addin 3.0 Keywords
Bookmark Excel Unit Conversion Addin 3.0
Excel Unit Conversion Addin 3.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.