Fanurio 2.5 Ranking & Summary
Fanurio 2.5 description
Fanurio 2.5 is regarded as a helpful and convenient to use time tracking and billing software application, highly appreciated by freelancers for its intuitive interface, flexible timer and ability to produce detailed invoices.
Whether you need to round time, use multiple currencies or create invoices with your own layout, Fanurio has the right tools to help you get paid.
- Time tracking
- Control the timer from the tray icon on Windows and Linux
- Control the timer from the menu bar icon menu and the dock icon menu on Mac OS X
- Control the timer from the taskbar button's thumbnail toolbar on Windows 7
- Displays an overlay icon on the taskbar button on Windows 7
- Control the timer from within any running application using global hotkeys on Windows and Linux
- Badges the dock icon to display the elapsed time
- Control the timer from the iTunes-like mini timer
- Detects idle time to record all your working time
- Reminders to start and stop the timer in case you forget to do it
- Import time from other users or computers
- Organize projects using products, services and expenses
- Record both billable and non-billable services
- Bill services in hours or units
- Round time for billable services
- Bill in multiple currencies
- Discount the price or the quantity of a service
- Enter discounts as a percentage or as a fixed value
- Resell goods or subcontracted services
- Use both taxable and non-taxable services
- Manage current projects easier by marking older ones as finished
- Create partial invoices anytime during the project
- Create invoices for single or multiple projects
- Use taxes to create accurate and complete invoices
- Use automatic invoice numbering to save time
- Apply discounts to invoices
- Apply partial payments to invoices
- Export invoices to HTML, PDF, Microsoft Word 2007, OpenOffice OpenDocument and other formats to print them or to send them by e-mail
- Customize invoice templates using your own layouts from Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word or OpenOffice
- Print or email invoices directly from the application
- Analyze projects to see how much money you've made or how much time you've worked
- Analyze projects by date, week, month and year
- See which invoices are paid, unpaid or overdue and their balance
- Sort unpaid invoices by age
- See how much money you've collected from a certain client or all clients
- Export time, invoices and payments to CSV or Excel
- Export project reports to HTML or PDF
- Import contacts from Address Book and CSV files
- Export time to an .iif file that can be imported by QuickBooks Pro
- Import time from other applications
- Backups data automatically
- Runs on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux
- Cross-platform version that can be used from a USB stick
- Can be used in other languages than English
- New Features
- Introducing products: Although you can use service items to bill both work and materials, it doesn't feel right to create a service item to bill goods. For instance, if you have a small IT shop and you need to charge a client for 2 computers, creating a service item is a little strange because selling 2 computers is not actually a service.
- You can now use services to bill work performed for the client and products to bill materials, equipment or anything else that doesn't involve actual work. Use products when you want to sell or resell goods.
- Business catalog: A business catalog is a list of all products and services offered by a business. The catalog can be found under BusinessCatalog and can contain one or more catalog items. Catalog items make it easier to create new project items since they contain almost all billing information, except for the quantity. See the business section for more details.
- This is not a new feature in Fanurio but a new name for an old feature. The old catalog could be found under Business Services and Rates and its elements were called item categories. As a result of this change, some templates may not work because the item.itemCategory placeholder was renamed to item.catalogItem.
- Catalog items have three new fields: code, description and cost. These fields make it easier to create project items.
- Markup calculator: The price of a service item or product item can be calculated easier using the markup calculator. Just click the Markup link next to the Cost field to enter the markup and the price will be calculated automatically. This feature only works if you enter a non-zero amount in the Cost field first.
- Cancelled Invoices: If you have unpaid invoices for which you don't expect the client to pay, you can now mark them as cancelled. See the invoice section for more details.
- New Timesheet filters: Added new filters to the Timesheet view that make it possible to display time entries by client, project and service item status. For instance, it's now possible to display time entries from active clients with unfinished projects and uninvoiced service items.
- The search field can also search by service items. If you have a client called Aristotle with a project called Rhetoric and a service item called Proofreading the manuscript, just type Aristotle;Rhetoric;Proofreading the manuscript and it will display this exact service item. If you type Aristotle it will display all time entries for this client whereas if you type ;Rhetoric; it will display all time entries for the project. The semicolon is very important as it helps Fanurio distinguish between fields.
- Save Timesheet filters: The new filters allow you to see time entries for "active clients with unfinished projects and uninvoiced service items" but you could also set the filters to display time for "last month" or "this month". Switching between any of these filter configurations means that you have to adjust each filter individually.
- To make things easier, you can now save filters and give the configuration a name. Just click the small cog icon from the filters area (on the right) to save them or use one of previously saved configurations.
- Persistent date filters: Date filters from the Timesheet, Invoices and Payments views are now saved when the application is closed.
- You can now set the Date in the Timesheet view to Today or This Week and you won't have to set it again when the application is restarted.
- Previously removed features
- Clients can be marked as "tax exempt".
- Invoices can now be exported and emailed from the View Invoice window.
- New icons: Changed most of the icons to make the actions they represent more recognizable. New icons for the button that switches between the main window and the mini-timer window.
- Third-party timesheet import: Fanurio can now import time from Toggl and Freckle. See the list of all third-party applications from which it can import time.
- New project field: Projects have a new field called Description that is meant to complement the existing Notes field.
- Wizard for three taxes: The tax wizard can now create three taxes. Italian users can now use it to define the three taxes (Rivalsa previdenziale 4%, IVA 21%, and Ritenuta d'acconto -20%).
- New templates editor: The templates editor has been redesigned so that it can also edit templates. See this section for more details on how to use it.
- New languages: Fanurio is now available in Czech, Italian and French.
- Time entry
- Changed the order of the fields in the time entry dialog.
- The start and finish times of a time entry can be specified partially by entering only the hour. If the minute is not specified, it will assume it's 0 (zero). If time uses the AM/PM format and the field is not entered, it will assume AM. In other words, entering 11 will result in 11:00 AM.
- Selecting 'earlier' from Start Timer ... (Shift-F5) will display a time field to enter the actual time when the timer should be started instead of specifying the start time relatively in minutes.
- Renamed the Add Time action to New Time and changed its shortcut from Ctrl-T to Ctrl-M. The action is also available from the toolbar.
- User interface
- The timer tooltip from the main window and from the mini timer shows the client, project and service item name.
- Projects and clients from the Projects Report widow can now be filtered by their status. This makes it easier to select which projects should be included in the report.
- The names of attachments can be changed when emailing invoices.
- When exporting invoices, payments or the timesheet and the file format is changed, the name of the file remains unchanged and the extension changes.
- Bug Fixes
- The Start Timer tray menu is enabled only if the timer is stopped. Previously, it was also enabled if the timer was paused.
- MAC address was not detected correctly on Linux.
- Fixed a memory leak introduced by Apple in Java 1.6.0_29 running on Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.6.
- Fixed several memory leaks that slowed down the application if used for a long time. Memory leaks occured when a project was opened, the timer was stopped or an invoice was exported. Also improved it to use memory more efficiently.
- Idle time was notified without any indication when the inactivity duration started which was confusing if multiple notifications were made. Also, the idle duration changed after it was notified.
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and older
Fanurio 2.5 Screenshot
Fanurio 2.5 Keywords
Bookmark Fanurio 2.5
Fanurio 2.5 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.