Genesis 8.2 Ranking & Summary
Genesis 8.2 description
Genesis 8.2 offers you a great tool which can serve as a stock charting and technical analysis trading system providing a complete set of models and charting features, with support for any type of instrument in all market cycles, Internet connectivity, spreadsheet-like capabilities, built-in database query builder, fully customisable charts, simultaneous analysis of multiple instruments, save/restore facilities and price line attachment overlays such as candlesticks, barcharts, high-lows, trends and channels.
Genesis can access data from a variety of sources such as:-
1) Internet / Intranet,
2) Real-Time datafeeds such as Reuters,
3) Windows-based applications supporting DDE such as Excel,
4) Databases supporting ODBC such as SQL Server and MS-Access,
5) ASCII text files,
6) Standard ASCII seven and nine field text files for MetaStock, AIQ, etc;
The system allows data to be retrieved from the Internet or Intranet and charted directly in Genesis. Users can either enter the URL from where to retrieve the data from, or use the URL builder to fetch FREE data from Yahoo Finance.
Genesis supports all instruments, including stocks & shares, commodities, index, options, futures, bonds and funds. The system can also be used to analyse any other kinds of data.
To provide Windows CE users with charting software we have also ported Genesis desktop version to Pocket PC, Pocket PC 2002, Pocket PC 2003, Handheld PC and HPC 2000. We support Compaq iPAQ, HP Jornada, Casio Cassiopeia, O2 XDA, Dell Axim and many other devices.
- Automatic Database Data Refresh: Genesis can update charts from non real-time data sources such as from the Internet/Intranet, Databases or text files. Users can specify update fetch frequencies for such datasources and charts will update at these intervals. This allows users the ability to have real-time charts on their desks but without the need to have a real-time feed connected. Again, this will help reduce the costs and maybe appropriate for middle and back office users.
- Built-In Database Query Builder: Genesis has a built in database query builder to help users to generate queries. The system also allows stored procedures to be accessed and user entered SQL to be saved to file for later reuse.
- Spreadsheet Capabilities: Genesis has the option to automatically filter data to remove possible erroneous prices. However these price movements may in fact have happened in which case Genesis also allows data to be manually edited using a spreadsheet-like data viewer. The data on the spreadsheet corresponding to a chart scrolls as the user moves the mouse over the chart allowing erroneous prices to be detected and edited instantly. Navigation and data editing is similar as is in Microsoft Excel.
- Simultaneously analyse multiple charts and instruments
- Users can use Excel to massage data, produce their own models and then use Genesis for further analysis
- Overlays candlesticks, barcharts, high-low, trend, channel, horizontal and vertical line attachments to charts
- Option to show price scale in fractions, useful for instruments such as US Bonds which are traded in fractions
- Save charts as bitmaps and print capabilities
- Save and Restore layouts
- Zoom in/out graphical capabilities
- Tracking of price values
- Command-line options
Requirements: Windows 95, 98, ME, XP, NT, 2000 or Vista
Genesis 8.2 Screenshot
Genesis 8.2 Keywords
Bookmark Genesis 8.2
Genesis 8.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.