Handy Address Book 4.0
Handy Address Book 4.0 Ranking & Summary
Handy Address Book 4.0 description
Handy Address Book 4.0 is a useful tool which is designed to help users keep tack of contacts with much convenience.
Handy Address Book is easy to use, yet powerful software that makes keeping track of your contacts simple and fun. The user interface is designed to minimize keystrokes or mouse movements necessary to get your information quickly. It has all the features you'd expect in an address book, plus some other helpful features like the ability to publish your address book to the web with the click of a button.
Quickly get a map or driving directions to any of your addresses. Dial a contacts phone number or send them an e-mail with the push of a button. Handy Address Book has powerful importing and exporting capabilities, with built in profiles to quickly import from other popular programs such as Outlook, Palm, or the Windows Address Book. Powerful and customizable printing is also included. Print your addresses in a tabular list format or as detailed records. Envelope and label printing is also included. The print preview feature makes sure you always know what you will get before actually printing. Handy Address Book offers complete support for vCards.
- Multiple Address Books
You can create as many address books as you'd like. You may want to organize your addresses into different address books. Each person in your family could have their own address book, or you could have a separate address book for your company or club.
- Unlimited Addresses
Each address book can contain an unlimited number of addresses.
- Networked or Shared Address Books
When used with the Handy Server multiple users can all access the same address book at the same time. You can define users and set permissions, so address books can be shared among multiple users with varying levels of access. The Handy Server also provides access to your address books using any web browser.
- Publish to Web
With the click of a button, publish your address book to your web site. This is ideal for sharing your address book with others, or to access your address book when you are away from home. All you need is a web browser to view your online address book. You can customize which data fields are in the list, and adjust the fonts/colors to your liking. This feature publishes a static copy of your address book. For dynamic access and support for permission based access to your address book with a web browser, use the Handy Server.
- Categorize Your Addresses
Organize your addresses by assigning them to categories. For example, you may want to have a "Holiday Card" category, where everyone in this category will get sent a card. You can create as many different categories as you'd like, and addresses can belong to multiple categories.
Print your addresses in a list or table format. Print them in a detailed report format. You can also print mailing addresses out on envelopes and labels. Printing is very customizable, so you can make your printouts appear just as you want.
- Print Preview
Preview your print job before printing to make sure it appears just as you want.
- vCard Support
Complete support for opening, importing, exporting, and sending vCards. Drag and drop is also supported. Handy Address Book can optionally be your default vCard handler.
- Import and Export
Powerful import and export options are available. Includes built in support for importing from popular programs such as Outlook, Palm, or the Windows Address Book.
- Dialing Phone Numbers
Use your computer's modem to easily dial the phone number for any of your addresses. There is also a Redial list, and a customizable Speed Dial list.
- Maps and Driving Directions
Easily look up a map or get driving directions for any of your addresses.
- Send E-mail
Quickly send an e-mail to one or more of your addresses. Ideal for maintaining an e-mail list, such as for your department or club.
- Quick Search
Handy Address Book is designed to get you to your information with the minimal number of mouse or keyboard clicks. One such example is the Quick Search feature. Just start typing on your keyboard the beginning part of the name you want to find. As you type, the first address that matches all the characters you've typed will be selected. Continue typing additional characters to refine your quick search. The characters that you've typed will show up in the status bar. You can use the Backspace key to erase the last character in your quick search string. You can use the Escape key to cancel your quick search, or just performing any other action will automatically cancel the quick search. In addition to the Quick Search, there is also an advanced Find command with more powerful search features.
- Encrypt and password protect address books. New option saves data in an encrypted format, making Handy Address Book suitable for storing passwords and other sensitive information. Uses industrial strength AES encryption. See "File / Options... / Privacy" to enable.
- Added support for Vista x64 versions of Windows
- Added ability to put a "Title" on the List, Details, and Booklet printouts. The title font, color, and contents can all be customized. Specify the left/center/right title text and optionally add in available fields like page number, book name, etc.
- Added ability to customize footer text when printing List, Details, and Booklet styles. New "..." button in the Page Setup dialogs allows you to customize the left/center/right footer text. Choose from a variety of available fields to insert, such as the page number, book name, etc.
- Added capability to specify starting row and column when label printing "displayed" or "selected" addresses. Previously you could only specify the starting position when printing a single label.
- Added ability to define new, custom, envelope sizes. See "File / Page Setup / Envelope Style... / Paper / Size / Custom Size...".
- User specified Delivery and Return address offset preferences are now memorized separately for each envelope size
- Added new envelope printing option "Printer Requires Paper Size Exactly Match Envelope Size" for printers with a paper size sensor that will only print on exact envelope size specified. See "File / Page Setup / Envelope Style...".
- Improved task tray icon robustness. If Windows Explorer crashes, Handy will replace its icon back into the tray.
- Bug fixes:
- Selecting a large number of categories (but not all) for display could cause the program to crash
- Importing from .ABK files when "Ignore Duplicates" was selected was not properly filtering duplicates
- Publishing to web could cause program to crash under certain conditions
Handy Address Book 4.0 Screenshot
Handy Address Book 4.0 Keywords
Bookmark Handy Address Book 4.0
Handy Address Book 4.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.