Hardware Inspector 2.2
Hardware Inspector 2.2 Ranking & Summary
Hardware Inspector 2.2 description
Hardware Inspector 2.2 is an easy-to-use and professional software which is your IT inventory growing out of control? Do you need to know the exact configuration of all PCs in your network? Are you looking for an automated IT inventory tracking solution for your corporate IT equipment? Take a close look at Hardware Inspector - a powerful inventory tracking automation solution used by hundreds of IT administrators in every industry imaginable.
Hardware Inspector allows several administrators to access the inventory database online, which is a desirable feature that most similar applications lack. The number of databases in the program is also not limited, so you can track IT hardware for different offices/departments/buildings separately.
Hardware Inspector makes servicing IT equipment and providing helpdesk services a much faster and more efficient process. Flexible licensing makes purchasing the program a very sound decision’ a mere 80 dollar investment for a 50-workstation company.
- Keeping records of workstations with scaling up to individual hardware units. Each hardware unit gets a profile that holds information on the hardware purchase details, technical specifications, history of its transfers between workstations, and servicing.
- Tree-like view of departments and workstations. Hardware units within a workstation are also displayed in a hierarchical tree-like view: e.g. motherboard is located inside the tower, CPU –inside motherboard, and cooler – inside CPU.
- Units (groups of units) are easily moved across the workstations. Each event of such hardware transfer is automatically recorded in the hardware’s history.
- The program maintains history of repairs and other maintenance activities for each hardware unit.
- Capabilities of both manual and automatic data entry into the database. The automatic entry of new hardware units is carried out by importing the hardware descriptions from ASTRA, ASTRA32 and AIDA32 reports. This will relieve you from the routine initial data entry job. The configuration analysis software reads data imprinted into the hardware. Thus, it detects the unit model, its manufacturer, the manufacturer’s www-address, manufacture date, serial number (for HDDs, CPUs, monitors, memory modules and motherboards), and many other technical specifications. Depending on the specific hardware unit, some of the properties may be unlisted by the manufacturer.
- Great number of reports (“Hardware Profile”, “Workstation Profile”, “Stock Numbers”, “IP-Addresses”, “Overall Hardware List”, “Maintenance Performed for the Time Period” etc.) Now you can easily give an account on the company’s hardware to the accounting office or the chief.
- Capability of exporting the reports into MS Excel sheets. User may personally configure the report templates, which are the Excel files describing the reports’ structure.
- The search engine will help you find the hardware unit (or group of units) by a specific criterion. The search filter may include such hardware properties as: type, model, manufacturer, seller, stock number, serial number, search string, etc.
- Supports unlimited number of databases.
- Flexible access permissions. A wide list of access rights to the program’s functions and data allows a very flexible capability configuration for each database user.
- Supports networking; i.e. the same data can be accessed simultaneously by a number of users.
- Capability to export hardware units found through the filter to MS Excel.
- The program includes procedures for maintaining the data integrity and performing the database recovery.
- Keeping records of the hardware warranty periods and predicting their expiration.
- Keeping records of the accounting information on the purchased hardware (when, where at, from who, and by what documents the hardware has been purchased.)
- Keeping records of stock numbers, which can (if desired) be assigned for each hardware unit.
- Information on a workstation: person in charge, IP-addresses, maintenance period, etc.
- Copying computers to other workstations in order to speed up the routine data entry process.
- Customizable interface. The interface text can be easily configured by IMSEditor – the program supplied with Hardware Inspector.
- Hardware description modifications are automatically logged and include the date and the name of the operator who has made the changes.
- The database information’s accuracy is monitored by the workstations’ revisions. Each revision is a record containing a report generated by ASTRA or AIDA32 software. The report analyzer will tell you whether the found new hardware is listed in the database and (if not) will help you enter it.
- Detailed reports on the problems occurring on a user’s workstation while working with specific software provides the developer with means to fix the problems.
- Added reports: “Workplace Maintenance Schedule” and “Hardware Maintenance Schedule”, printing unlimited number of workplace passports in a single report.
- Added "DB Requests" search method. The query builder will now allow obtaining selections, display them on the screen, and export them to MS Excel through export templates.
- Importing users from CSV files completely renewed. The capability of configuring the column matches between CSV files and user list properties is now available. Also available configuration of stop-word operations to exclude system users, selecting unique fields, and previewing users being imported to the system users list.
- More convenient operation of the hardware import from computer configuration basket.
- Added importing new hardware: USB WiFi adaptors, scanners, IOMEGA ZIP, USB Bluetooth. Improved import quality for other types of hardware.
- Improved flexibility in distributing access privileges among database users.
- Fixed all known bugs.
Requirements: Pentium 233/64RAM
Hardware Inspector 2.2 Screenshot
Hardware Inspector 2.2 Keywords
Bookmark Hardware Inspector 2.2
Hardware Inspector 2.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- EMS Data Comparer 2007 for PostgreSQL 2.2
- EMS Data Comparer for PostgreSQL 2.2
- Startup Registry Key Changer
- Santilab Authorize.Net CIM Integrator 1.0
- RAID 0 Data Recovery by Unistal 1.09
- Quick Recovery for RAID 0 - A Data Recovery Product 1.09
- EMS Data Import 2005 for DB2 2.1
- EMS Data Import 2005 for PostgreSQL 2.1