JScan 2.0 Ranking & Summary
JScan 2.0 description
JScan 2.0 is ideal for converting and viewing images; specifically, document images. A document image is an image (or picture) of a paper document such as that produced from a scanner or a fax machine. The difference between a document image and a regular image is that with the help of Optical Character Recognition (OCR), the text, as well as the documents formatting, can be read and stored within the image file.
Those image files supported by JScan include the well-established TIFF (Tagged Image File Format) with the file extension *.tif; and the Microsoft Document Image Format, also known as a Microsoft Office Document Image (MODI), with the file extension *.mdi, introduced with Office 2003. JScan was designed primarily for using the MODI format and working in conjunction with the Microsoft Office tools.
- Cost: Since Microsoft Office 2003, MODI and MODS have been included. There is no longer a need to purchase additional software.
- Effective: MODI algorithms produce excellent text recognition results.
- Efficient: MODS scanned images (.mdi files) are smaller than their TIFF counterpart without loss of image quality.
- Searchable: Often, to do a text search on TIFF files, the software that created the files must be used. With MODI, whether in MDI or TIFF format, Windows Search for Files - Containing Text will produce results.
- Indexing: Like with Search, MODI document text can take advantage of Windows Indexing Service. This gives the ability to create fast and complex searches for files on local and remote computers.
- Batch Processing: With JScan, large numbers of files can be processed automatically.
- Image rotation
- Additional viewing formats- viewer and explorer
- Program can be associated with .tif and .mdi files - no need to use JScan's explorer to open files
- Files will open in JScan
- Files will open in the JScan viewer
- The "Ctrl-C " shortcut key combo can be used to copy in the viewer
- Added "Copy Text" to context menu in JScan viewer
Requirements: .NET 2.0
JScan 2.0 Screenshot
JScan 2.0 Keywords
Bookmark JScan 2.0
JScan 2.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.