KBase for Outlook 2
KBase for Outlook 2 Ranking & Summary
KBase for Outlook 2 description
KBase for Outlook 2 leverages existing storage and search capabilities in Microsoft Outlook. Create the articles inside Outlook and use all the Outlook tools you normally use, like text formatting, spelling check and attachments. The KBase articles are saved in Outlook in the same way as e-mails and appointments, and they can of course be full text searched.
No database is needed for this solution, in which images, attached files and rich text can be used in articles, which are easily saved to web pages for publishing on a website or an intranet.
KBase for Outlook is a knowledge base that runs completely in an Exchange Public folder.
No extra windows - knowledge base available right inside Outlook. No new client installation. An environment that users already knows. Off-line possibilities. Ease of use. Works with all versions of MS Outlook. Rich text, html and attached files can be used in knowledge articles. Drop-down combo boxes for Problem type and Problem category.Full text searching. Articles can be published to .htm files and expandable index created automatically.
Works stand-alone or with the information sharing and support handling application Public Folder HelpDesk for Outlook from kalmstrom.com Outlook Solutions. Three months of support and one year of free upgrades included in the purchase price.
- Knowledge base available right inside Outlook, an environment that users already know
- No new client installation
- Off-line possibilities
- Rich text, html and attached files
- Full text searching
- Drop-down combo boxes for Problem category and type
- Save articles as .htm files
- Fully featured download – only constrained by a nag screen.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Outlook
- Can be embedded in a Microsoft®SharePoint® site
- A new application is introduced to archive KB articles to web pages, so that they can be published as FAQs for products or services. This application is invoked by clicking the button 'Publish to web pages' available on the KBase homepage.
- In the KBase form, problem type and problem category fields are now converted to drop-down combo boxes. Enter a new value or select an existing value from the list. All available values for problem type and problem category are saved in a text file 'KBSettings.txt', which is available in the KBase file folder.
In order to retain the drop-down items for Problem Type and Problem Category fields, all the values are written to the KBSettings.txt file. Therefore all KBase users must have write permission over the KBase file folder.
- The KBase example data tool has been updated to feed the FAQs from this website into KBase. The tool directly retrieves all FAQs items and converts them into KBase articles. Internet connection is required for this tool to work.
- When upgrading to KBase 2.0, you need to upgrade the KBase Outlook form to use the file 'OKBaseForm.fdm' located in the KBase file folder. This file is introduced with Kbase 2.0.
To install the form, follow these steps: Right-Click KBase public folder > Properties > Manage > Forms > Install > OKBaseForm.fdm
KBase for Outlook 2 Screenshot
KBase for Outlook 2 Keywords
Bookmark KBase for Outlook 2
KBase for Outlook 2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.