MetaReport 2.6.5 Ranking & Summary
MetaReport 2.6.5 description
MetaReport 2.6.5 is such a useful tool which is able to help users with task of creating database reports.
MetaReport is a report building tool that can use multiple data sources of various formats (Access, dBase, Paradox, MS SQL, Oracle, InterBase and others) to create reports. Since most companies use different databases (Access for office, SQL for web and Oracle for inventory tracking, for example), the usefulness of this software is apparent to any person who worked in the database management field.
MetaReport offers several advantages. First, the program uses ADO (ActiveX Data Objects) and BDE (Borland Database Engine) to build reports, but does not requires having BDE installed. Second, the program can be used inside third-party applications as a built-in ActiveX object – the only program in its class that offers this feature. Third, various data parameters can be specified without having to alter the report itself.
Program owner can choose from several popular report formats – from simple TXT or CSV to WMF, XLS, HTML, RTF, PDF. It means that reports built with MetaReport can be processed later in Excel or other applications, placed on the web, e-mailed or made a part of presentation.
The report building process itself is a very simple one and is based on using a visual report builder module. The report templates can be not only saved, but also “locked” to prevent anyone from altering them.
All in all, MetaReport is a budget solution that is a fortunate combination of straightforwardness, added value and functionality.
- Data access. While accessing data, MetaReport uses the ADO (ActiveX Data Objects) and BDE (Borland Database Engine) technologies. If BDE is not installed MetaReport can access the database using only ADO.
- Powerful designer tool allows you creating complicated reports those can meet almost everyone’s requirements.
- The report parameters dialog box lets you specify various parameters of data retrieval without modifying the report itself. To create a dialog box, MetaReport use visual constructor that is built in.
- Saving results in different formats. MetaReport supports exporting to the following file formats: TXT, WMF, XLS, HTML, RTF, PDF, CSV (comma-separated text).
- Owing to the built-in ActiveX object one can easily use MetaReport in applications created in any development environment. At the same time, MetaReport works with your application as a whole.
- Report designer protects completed report projects from the damage caused by an inexperienced user.
- MetaReportRuntime - redistributable runtime module. Developers can include MetaReportRuntime into their own as the report module.
Enhancements: Some improvements in report engine
- Pentium 133,
- RAM 32 Mb,
- ADO 2.1 or higher
MetaReport 2.6.5 Screenshot
MetaReport 2.6.5 Keywords
Bookmark MetaReport 2.6.5
MetaReport 2.6.5 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Report Viewer for Crystal Reports 18.104.22.168
- BC Excel Server 2006 Enterprise Edition 6.7.9
- XL Report Builder 2.1.3
- Report Viewer (A Crystal Reports Viewer) 22.214.171.124
- BC Excel Server 2006 Complete Standard Edition with MSDE2000 6.7.8
- Luxena Informix Data Access Components 2.6.3
- BC Excel Server 2007 Std. Ed. Complete 7.1.6
- PDF Information Reporter 2.1