Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008 4.2 Update 1
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008 4.2 Update 1 Ranking & Summary
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008 4.2 Update 1 description
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008 will be the next version of Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) 2007. It is the recommended process and toolset to automate desktop and server deployment. This release includes updates to support Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 in addition to previously supported platforms.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2008 unifies the tools and processes required for desktop and server deployment into a common deployment console and collection of guidance. The fourth generation deployment accelerator adds integration with recently released Microsoft deployment technologies to create a single path for image creation and automated installation. MDTs tools and end-to-end guidance reduce deployment time, standardize desktop and server images, limit service disruptions, reduce post-deployment help desk costs, and improve security and ongoing configuration management.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit technologies eliminate interaction time required to install desktop and server operating systems. Interaction at the targeted computer may take a few moments using the Lite Touch Installation (LTI) method or it can be completely automated using Zero Touch Installation (ZTI). Zero Touch Installation utilizes Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 or Systems Management Server 2003 with the Operating System Deployment Feature Pack. Lite Touch Installation can be used when software distribution tools are not in place.
Microsoft Deployment Tookit 2008 also uses Configuration Manager 2007s stand-alone media-initiated operating system deployment feature. This release offers project management guidance for all deployment roles and separates technical documentation for the products and technologies to facilitate automation tasks.
- Microsoft Word or a Word viewer such as Word Viewer 2003 is required to view the documentation.
- MMC 3.0 is required to run the Workbench and view the documentation on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP.
- Note MMC 3.0 is included in Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 R2 and in Windows Vista.
- Windows Script Host (WSH) 5.6.
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit relies on several Windows deployment tools. After installation of the microsoftdeploymenttoolkit.msi and start-up of the Deployment Workbench, the user can choose to automatically download and install the following major tools from the Components:
- Windows Automated Installation Kit
- Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0.2
- User State Migration Tool 3.0.1
- MSXML 6.0
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008 4.2 Update 1 Screenshot
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008 4.2 Update 1 Keywords
Bookmark Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008 4.2 Update 1
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008 4.2 Update 1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Diskeeper 2008 Home Edition 12.0.758.0
- Microsoft Windows Installer (x86/Win9x) 1.2
- Windows95 Year 2000 Update 1.0
- ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange Server 2.5 2.5
- Outlook 2000 Email Attachment Security Update 1
- Microsoft Word 2000 Update: Word Mail Merge Vulnerability 10-3-00
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server