PhoneTray Free 1.35
PhoneTray Free 1.35 Ranking & Summary
PhoneTray Free 1.35 description
PhoneTray Free 1.35 is a useful software which shows and speaks the callers name and number before you answer the phone. You can set a different ringtone for each caller or type of callers - select from 20 included ringtones or use any wav file. PhoneTray logs all your incoming calls - date, time, name and number.
PhoneTray requires a modem with CallerID support and CallerID service from your phone company.
Please note that PhoneTray Free doesn't work when you're online using dial-up, only PhoneTray Dialup does. Please download PhoneTray Dialup if you have dial-up internet.
- Know who is calling
- PhoneTray uses your modem to identify the callers before you answer the phone. You must subscribe to the Caller ID service from your phone company and have a Caller ID capable modem.
- When a call comes in, PhoneTray rings and shows a balloon with the caller's name and number. The program can also display full screen so you can see who's calling from a distance. PhoneTray also announces incoming calls using text-to-speech engine. You can select to announce caller's name, number or both.
- PhoneTray allows you to assign names to your frequent callers. The name you assign will be displayed and announced instead of Caller ID info. You can set a different ringtone for each caller or type of callers. 20 ringtones are included with the program plus you can use any wav file.
- Keep a complete history of your incoming calls
- PhoneTray logs all your incoming calls. It keeps the date, time, name and phone number of each call. You can view a complete call history or calls received today, this week or this month. You can select what type of calls you want to see - all calls, local calls, long distance calls etc.
- Call history is stored in a standard CSV file and can be edited and exported to other programs using Microsoft Excel.
- Protect your privacy
- Privacy Manager allows you to configure how PhoneTray handles incoming calls. For example, you can set PhoneTray to automatically answer all calls from private (blocked) numbers after first ring and play a message telling the caller to unblock his/her number.
- PhoneTray can block calls from specific numbers or reject any other type of unwanted calls (blocked number, out of area etc.) by answering and playing selected message. Several useful messages are included with PhoneTray. You can also record your own wav files and use them with the program.
- If you don't want to be bothered by late calls, you can set your "quiet time" and PhoneTray will block all calls during that time. Important numbers can be marked so they ring through anytime.
- All Privacy Manager settings including names and numbers are stored in a standard CSV file and can be imported from or exported to other programs using Microsoft Excel.
- Zap telemarketing and other unwanted calls
- PhoneTray can automatically 'zap' telemarketers with a special 'number disconnected' tone. After receiving this tone telemarketer's computer will delete your number from its database. The program can play Federal 'do-not-call' warning forcing telemarketers to remove you from their calling lists - by law!
- You can set the program to reject unwanted calls manually or automatically after selected number of rings. If you select to zap the calls manually the program pop-ups a dialog and lets you decide if you want to zap this call or not.
Enhancements: Added support for DDN_NMBR field to "Fix CID" function. This will enable proper decoding of Bell Canada Caller ID format on some modems.
- Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 or Windows Vista
- Caller ID capable modem
- Caller ID service from your local phone company
PhoneTray Free 1.35 Screenshot
PhoneTray Free 1.35 Keywords
Bookmark PhoneTray Free 1.35
PhoneTray Free 1.35 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.