PTReportGen 2.6.2 Ranking & Summary
PTReportGen 2.6.2 description
PTReportGen 2.6.2 is a report generator for Microsoft PowerPoint able to produce reports in Microsoft PowerPoint format, which lets Microsoft PowerPoint ® more powerful and flexible. This tool has a GUI for end users. If you know how to use Microsoft PowerPoint and write SQL statements, you can use PTReportGen to create all kinds of reports as you need.
To create a report, PTReportGen need to read a report template file and a PTR file. The report template file is a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that defines the layouts and formats of a report. The PTR file contains SQL statements and some information, and tells PTReportGen how to get data from database and how to put data into a report. First PTReportGen creates a blank report using the report template file, and then executes SQL statements in the PTR file to get data from database, and fills data into the report to generate the desired report in Microsoft PowerPoint format.
- Easy to use. You already know how to use Microsoft PowerPoint. It is easy. Get data using SQL. It is simple. You can create reports without programming experience. Easy to learn, use and maintain.
- Powerful and flexible. PTReportGen is powerful and flexible because Microsoft PowerPoint and SQL are powerful and flexible. You can create extremely complex reports.
- Saves money. You do not need to buy extra costly reporting tools. No training is necessary because everyone uses Microsoft Office.
- Saves time. Reduce development time and training time.
- Improves productivity. More productive when reports are in familiar formats like Microsoft PowerPoint presentation.
- For various users. For IT users, you know Microsoft PowerPoint and SQL, it is enough. No programming is required. For business users, you can create report templates using Microsoft PowerPoint. PTReportGen enables you to design reports like defining the layout, style, format of reports. For developers, PTReportGen can be called by your program. It enables you to integrate Microsoft PowerPoint into your application.
- Using Microsoft PowerPoint as your reporting tool. Just use Microsoft PowerPoint as your reporting tool. You design reports like layouts, formats and styles directly using Microsoft PowerPoint. And you will get reports in Microsoft PowerPoint presentation format as a result.
- Making report template directly using Microsoft PowerPoint. The main advantage of using PTReportGen is based on the fact that all formatting is done directly in Microsoft PowerPoint. You can take full advantage of Microsoft PowerPoint including text formatting, tables, charts, pictures and graphics, drawing, headers and footers, preview and printing, VBA, macros, and more.
- Accessing to databases using SQL. PTReportGen executes SQL statements to extract data from database. Supports all type SQL: DML, DDL and DCL. Multiple SQL statements can be executed in one report building process. You can perform queries on databases, insert data into databases, and create database objects like tables. The power of SQL can be harnessed for maximum efficiency in reporting.
- Creating reports without programming experience. You know how to use Microsoft PowerPoint and how to write SQL, it is enough. It does not require programming to create reports.
- Connection to all databases using ODBC. PTReportGen connects to databases using ODBC. Access to all databases which support ODBC such as Oracle, DB2, Sybase, Informix, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, MySQL, Microsoft Access, dBase.
- Supporting multi-databases in one report
- PTReportGen supports multi-databases in one report. You can get data from some different databases such as Oracle, DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server, and put these data into one report.
- Creating reports with parameters. PTReportGen gives you an opportunity to create reports with parameters. You may use parameters in SQL statements. You will be asked to input the values of parameters while generating reports.
- Supporting Windows mode and command line mode. PTReportGen supports command line mode. So it is possible to call PTReportGen from other program. For developers, you can integrate PTReportGen into your application.
- Creating complex reports. You can create complex reports. The complexity might come from report formatting as well as report content.
- Creating reports with charts. PTReportGen enables you to include sophisticated, colorful charts in your reports. You can use charts any time you want to improve the usefulness of a report.
- Creating reports with pictures.PTReportGen can insert pictures from the graphics files, and set the inserted way, text wrapping style and size of the pictures according to your instruction.
- Many reports in one Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. One Microsoft PowerPoint presentation may contain many reports. One report may be one or more slides. You can generate a presentation in one generating process.
- Conversion of file formats. PTReportGen is a converter too. You can convert PowerPoint presentation to and from other formats, such as HTML, RTF, GIF, JPG and BMP. You also can convert data from database to other file format.
- Generating reports automatically. The process of report generation can be fully automated, periodically or on events. PTReportGen can be scheduled with Windows Scheduled Tasks or other tools.
- One time configuration. With on time configuration, you can repeatedly generate reports especially periodic reports such as daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Flexible deployment. PTReportGen can be run on your desktop or server.
- Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista or later.
- Microsoft Office 2000, Office XP, Office 2003 or later.
PTReportGen 2.6.2 Screenshot
PTReportGen 2.6.2 Keywords
Bookmark PTReportGen 2.6.2
PTReportGen 2.6.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Repair Damaged PowerPoint Presentation File 5.0.1
- Classic Style Menus for PowerPoint 2007 4.0.32
- Oplayo Media Designer 3.6
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 SR-1 Update: Extended Pa
- Microsoft PowerPoint 97 Update: HTML Script Vulner Update
- PowerGuard Recovery 1.1
- generate reports in Microsoft PowerPoint PPT 220.127.116.11
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Patch: Macro Vulnerabili