SQL Drill Excel Freeware 1.4
SQL Drill Excel Freeware 1.4 Ranking & Summary
SQL Drill Excel Freeware 1.4 description
SQL Drill Excel Freeware 1.4 offers you a powerful SQL Drill add-in: Simplify data retrieval from SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, My SQL, DB2 and any other ODBC compliant database. SQL Drill adds easy database access to Microsoft Excel. Works with any ODBC compatible data source.
- SQL Drill is a freeware Microsoft® Excel® based add-in that can run in Excel 2000, 2002(XP), 2003 and 2007 (Excel for windows).
- SQL Drill is a Genuine Freeware so no tricks no Ads, no Spyware, no Viruses no Time limits, no "Phone Home"... The primary download for the Add-in is from Download.com and they verify the contents of the file for of anything malware related. The add-in has also been verified by numerous other freeware sites (see here).
- SQL Drill adds easy database access to Excel. SQL Drill has a very easy to use interface and will only take minutes to set up and start to use. After installing, an Extra Excel Toolbar will be added to your Excel. This toolbar holds 1 dropdown combobox and 4 different buttons and gives you access to all of the functionality of the addin. The combobox will hold your available connections and can be used to quickly connect to and view the available selectable objects within a database. The additional toolbar is the only interface change you will have in Excel, so there is no Extra Menu for the add-in. Also there is no extra entry in your Program List for the add-in. So you will only have the extra toolbar. Uninstalling it is easy (just do it from the Control Panel and then go and delete the SQL Drill Add-in folder). The add-in installation does NOT install any ADO libraries/MDAC or the MSXML parser (you need to have these already). As they are installation prerequisites and not included in the package install.
- SQL Drill can connect to all standard databases so you can easily consolidate data from different data sources (Microsoft® SQL Server® , Microsoft® Access®, Sybase, Oracle, MYSQL, Firebird etc.). Use the add-in to quickly import data and then use Excel's power to analyse it in more detail if needed. To connect to a database once you have set up a connection profile you can quickly connect to database by selecting the database profile name from the dropdown box and hit the "SQL" Button. When you hit the "SQL" button with a database selected in the dropdown the main SQL Excel form will load and you will see the databases selectable objects (the tables and views) on the right hand side of the form.
- The core functionality of the add-in is the retrieveal of the data into Excel and the "SQL" button on the toolbar loads the main form. This form has been setup to make it easy to switch between different databases (and providers) and you can switch connection/provider by clicking the combobox towards the top left of the form and selecting an entry (this will disconnect the current connection automatically). To get the data from a database into Excel you execute a query or select statement on the form. SQL Drill supports two way query building so you can build the query manually by typing it in to the text box or do it the easy way by dragging the relevent objects (tables or views) across in the objects area of the form. Then you can click the different options you want in the form and build the query visually in a very similar way than you would do in Microsoft Access or SQL Server.
- Example of how the data is imported in excel. The main form has some options to set: where the data will get pasted within Excel (active cell, new worksheet or "select cell"), whether or not the pasted data will have formatting applied and also to set whether or not Fields headlings will be pasted and if so whether there will be automatic filters applied or not.
- SQLDrill.dll (the core file of the Add-in) has a small size (400k), and wont slow your Excel down
- Version 1.4 includes some minor bug fixes and also the addition of a new options form (where you can store certain settings).
Requirements: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Excel, MSXML Parser, MDAC
SQL Drill Excel Freeware 1.4 Screenshot
SQL Drill Excel Freeware 1.4 Keywords
Bookmark SQL Drill Excel Freeware 1.4
SQL Drill Excel Freeware 1.4 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.