Talend Open Studio 5.1.0 r81684 RC 1
Talend Open Studio 5.1.0 r81684 RC 1 Ranking & Summary
Talend Open Studio 5.1.0 r81684 RC 1 description
Talend Open Studio 5.1.0 r81684 RC 1 is made to offer users with an interesting and convenient to use open source solution for data integration.
It dramatically improves the efficiency of data integration job design through an easy-to-use graphical development environment. It enables rapid deployment and reduces maintenance costs with prebuilt connectors to all source and target systems, with support for all types of data integration, data migration and data synchronization operations. High quality support is available through a worldwide community of users who provide continual testing and feedback.
- Deliver solutions for every requirement, in time and under budget
- Extensible to meet even the most complex and custom requirements.
- Easy to develop, reducing development from months, to days and even hours.
- Leverage the power of open source.
- Meet the demands of even the most complex business requirements
- Supply the business with the information they need, when they need it so they can make timely and effective decisions.
- Extend data services to provide real-time access to any corporate data to approved applications and requestors.
- Provide reliable data throughout the organization to meet both analytical and operational needs.
- Business Modeling
- The Talend Open Studio Business Modeler uses a top-down approach that allows line-of-business stakeholders to get involved in the design of integration processes and to monitor development progress. Business Models are non-technical and business-oriented views built using the convenient library of shapes and links.
- The Business Modeler groups all relevant documentation supporting open source data integration, data migration and data synchronization processes in a business-friendly diagram. This is a very efficient way of monitoring jobs and performing impact analysis if a problem arises.
- Graphical Development
- The Talend Open Studio Job Designer provides both a graphical and a functional view of actual integration processes using a graphical palette of open source components and connectors. Integration processes are built by simply dragging and dropping these components and connectors onto the workspace, drawing connections and relationships between them, and setting their properties.
- Components and connectors cover all types of tasks and operations relating to the data itself, data management and data flow sequencing. Connectors help access and read/write all data source and target systems for data integration, data migration and data synchronization.
- Metadata-driven Design
- Talend Open Studio is an open source metadata-driven solution for data integration, data migration and data synchronization. All metadata is stored and managed in a Metadata Manager (repository) shared by all modules. The repository centralizes all project information and ensures consistency across all integration processes.
- Meta information related to source and target systems of integration processes is easily loaded in the Metadata Manager through advanced system, database or file introspection facilitated by a number of wizards. The Metadata Manager is based on an open relational model, where job dependencies can be easily identified, facilitating the maintenance of the data integration, data migration and data synchronization jobs.
- Contextual data, such as database connection details or file paths, can also be centralized in the Metadata Manager, making it easier to use and update.
- Advanced and Versatile Connectivity
- Talend Open Studio offers native technical and business open source connectors to all IT environments. This wide array of connectors is the key to the successful interoperability of applications and databases; it allows bridging diverse and heterogeneous data structures at unmatched performance rates. The library of connectors is continually expanding, extending the capabilities of Talend’s data integration, data migration and data synchronization solutions.
- Talend Open Studio offers comprehensive connectivity to:
- Packaged applications (ERP, CRM, etc.), databases, mainframes, files, Web services, and so on to address the growing variety of sources.
- Data warehouses, data marts, OLAP applications ‒ for analysis, reporting, dashboards, scorecards, etc.
- Built-in advanced components for ETL, including string manipulations, Slowly Changing Dimensions, automatic lookup handling, bulk loads support, etc.
- Dedicated components for data quality, data matching, master data management, etc.
- Real-time Debugging
- Talend Open Studio includes powerful testing, debugging and tuning features that allow real-time tracking of data flowing through the entire transformation processes, including execution statistics and an advanced trace mode.
- When an integration job is executed through the open source Job Designer interface ‒ in graphical mode ‒ statistics are displayed in real time, showing the number of processed rows and rejected rows, as well as the throughput (rows per second). This allows you to immediately spot any bottleneck in the data integration, data migration and data synchronization job. It is also possible to activate a trace mode, which displays row-by-row behavior and shows the result of transformations. Traditional debugging breakpoints and variables are also available.
- And, of course, all code generated by Talend Open Studio, regardless of the target language, is always visible and accessible from the design environment.
- Deployment and Maintenance
- Advanced execution context management (test, staging, production, etc.) facilitates integration processes deployment for data integration, data migration and data synchronization. Implicit loading of context parameters directly in the open source job design helps develop the various execution environments and manage them easily. Deployment of processes across enterprise systems can easily be performed as data services or as data integration, data migration or data synchronization services via the convenient export tool.
- Automated documentation generation provides complete and up-to-date technical reference documentation (in XML and HTML), which helps various users and stakeholders maintain and update inherited processes.
- The dependency detection feature helps users identify dependencies among integration processes developed within Talend Open Studio and simplifies the global update of the large number of processes stored centrally in the repository.
- Unlike many data integration, data migration and data synchronization solutions, which are based on a centralized integration server or can only use RDBMS engines to process data, Talend Open Studio allows users to export processes into executable files that can be distributed across a grid of systems or exposed as Web services. These systems do not need to be dedicated to executing integration processes. Instead, Talend Open Studio leverages available resources.
- Talend Open Studio leverages both the traditional ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) approach as well as the ELT (Extract-Load-Transform) approach. ELT leverages the power of the RDBMS engines to execute the data transformations inside the database, achieving unmatched performance for high volume batches. For each subset of a process, it is possible to choose the most suitable approach, and hence to obtain the highest level of performance and scalability for data integration, data migration and data synchronization.
- This architecture design, which is especially suited to leveraging grids of inexpensive servers, as well as high-range systems, enables data to be processed at a location closest to its source (thus decreasing data transfers) and maximizes the use rate of computing resources.
- Robust and Scalable Execution
Talend Open Studio 5.1.0 r81684 RC 1 Screenshot
Talend Open Studio 5.1.0 r81684 RC 1 Keywords
Bookmark Talend Open Studio 5.1.0 r81684 RC 1
Talend Open Studio 5.1.0 r81684 RC 1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.