The Journal 4.1
The Journal 4.1 Ranking & Summary
The Journal 4.1 description
The Journal 4.1 offers an effective tool which helps you to do many things. The Journal makes it easy to keep a daily journal, for both personal and professional use. Whether you want to record your thoughts and dreams, your research notes and writing exercises, your project planning notes and decision details, or just about anything else, The Journal provides an easy-to-use mix of convenience, flexibility, and security.
Fast-loading and with the option to "sit" in your Windows system tray, The Journal is always available when you need it. Create as many or as few entry categories as you want, daily entry or "loose-leaf", to be as organized as you want to be. Store text, images, and just about anything else in your entries, and know that The Journals password-protection and built-in encryption will keep them all secure.
The Journal is Perfect for:
- Professionals! Use The Journal to track your daily progress on all your projects! Keep your professional secrets secret.
- Students! Take The Journal with you to class. Never misplace notes or struggle with deciphering your handwriting ever again. There is also a Special Discount Offer for Students.
- Writers! Whether you are a professional writer or an aspiring author, The Journal can help you organize your manuscripts and ideas. The Journal even provides writing exercises to help you hone your skills.
- Self Improvement! Journaling is a powerful tool of self analysis. With The Journal, you can quickly and easily record your thoughts and feelings throughout the day.
- Daily Devotionals! Record your spiritual insights and know that you can always find them again.
- Family Historians! Combined with the MemoryGrabber, The Journal makes it easy to write your own memoirs. You can also help your parents, grandparents, or even great-grandparents record the exciting story of their life.
- Recording your dreams! Let The Journal help you remember and analyze your dreams.
- Incredibly Easy to Use
- Make new entries easily
- Review past entries with just a click on the calendar
- Runs on nearly all versions of Windows: Windows 95/98/ME, Windows NT/2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Power and Flexibility
- Powerful word-processing features
- Store anything (text, digital photographs, files...)
- Find what you're looking for with the powerful search features
- Print your entries for binding or sharing
- Set reminders for appointments, events, tasks & special days
- Import entries from other journaling software quickly
- Post your entries (including entries with images) to your web log (blog).
- Keep your secrets secret
- Full password protection
- Set the level of security you want
- Great Optional Features
- Need more than The Journal's basic security Check out The Journal with Extended Security
- Write your life story with MemoryGrabber for The Journal
- Improve your writing skills with Writing Prompts 1
- Keep a record of your reflections about God, yourself, and others with Devotional Prompts 1
- New Features
- Added Reminders & Tasks features, including:
- Create new Appointments, Events, Tasks, Special Days.
- Options for displaying reminders, see Advanced Reminder Options and User Preferences: Reminders.
- A new report for seeing completed, skipped, missed, and canceled reminders.
- Reminders can be exported to, or imported from, other scheduling/planning software.
- Added "Lock Entries on Edit" and "Prompt for Lock Message" options to Category Properties, under "Sharing".
- Added hot-key Ctrl+Delete to delete the next word.
- Added "Insert Topic Name" and "Topic Name Format" options for Topics.
- Added the ability to apply overlapping topics.
- Added "Hide Highlight" command to Search Results.
- Added "Save to File" command to Search Results and Daily/Weekly Entry Report.
- Added "New Report" command to Daily/Weekly Entry Report.
- Added a hot-key for "Insert Line" (Ctrl+Shift+)
- Added GOFileMenuOverride Journal.INI option.
- Added icon (*.ico) image file support to User Images.
- Insert Calendar Charm form now remembers last charm selected.
- Added "Insert Page Break" to Insert menu.
- Countdown timer now defaults to the last duration set.
- Added "Edit Category Tab/Entry Tree Font" option to User Preferences.
- Updated the backup file format (now compatible with WinZip).
- Updated the JNX file format (now compatible with WinZip).
- Added a marker file to make it easier to identify a Journal Volume.
- You can now kickoff a restore by double-clicking on your .JBK backup file from Windows Explorer.
- You can now kickoff an import by double-clicking on your .JNX export file from Windows Explorer.
- Added "Save HTML with CSS information in .htm(l) file" to Export options in User Preferences.
- Added "Show All Entries" option to the Daily/Weekly Entry Report.
- Reorganized menus:
- The "Options" menu is now the "User" menu.
- The "Tools" menu is now to the right of the "User" menu.
- Global options like "Minimize to System Tray" have been moved to the "Tools" menu.
- The "Table" menu is now to the right of the "Format" menu.
- The "Go" menu is now to the right of the "Entry" menu.
- The "Reminder" menu has been added to the right of the "Topic" menu.
- Bugs Fixed
- Sometimes getting an error when trying to load the icon for an external object.
- System tray icon sometimes behaving oddly.
- Some menu commands are missing shortcut keys.
- Export Entries doesn't confirm password when exporting to JNX format.
- Drop down list of topics is too short.
- Daily/Weekly Entry Report doesn't have a "Deselect All" button for the list of categories.
- Empty tables are showing after a search on topic.
- Trying to a blank entry into an enhanced template hangs The Journal.
- If The Journal isn't "in front" of Windows when the countdown timer reaches 0:00, you can't see the popup reminder.
- The Journal is sometimes crashing when closing after editing category properties or importing entries.
- In some cases it's possible to size the calendar to completely obstruct the entry tree.
- There is no "link to default entry" option for loose-leaf categories.
- Search Entries sometimes not finding text in tables.
- Expanded the palette of built-in Calendar Charms.
- Cannot use the paste hot-key (Ctrl+V) to paste into the entry name/rename form.
- Entries sometimes losing track of the default category background color.
- When setting topics, selected text in tables isn't being properly set.
- Pentium 200MHz3
- 2MB RAM
- 10MB Hard Disk
The Journal 4.1 Screenshot
The Journal 4.1 Keywords
Bookmark The Journal 4.1
The Journal 4.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.