TreePad PLUS 7.5.3
TreePad PLUS 7.5.3 Ranking & Summary
TreePad PLUS 7.5.3 description
TreePad PLUS 7.5.3 is designed as a professional program that includes intuitive Tree-structured PIM, Database, Word Processor, Photo Album, Web site Generation on the fly, Shortcuts/Hyperlinks/Addresses/Collections Manager, Documentation Tool, much more! Widely imitated, TreePad is an Award winning, highly intuitive, powerful application, yet awesomely small: runs (including data) also from a floppy!
With the look/feel of the Windows Explorer, editing/formatting/organizing/storing/searching/importing/exporting any kind of data has never been easier: use TreePads tree to browse any previously created/imported text or document, just as you browse directories/folders in Win-Explorer.
TreePad is fully customizable: work the way you feel comfortable!
- TOOL BARS: can be hidden, visible, floating, moved around.
- SEARCH ENGINE: very fast, multiple options for tree/texts, search/replace, case (in)sensitive search, sort search results.
- WORD PROCESSOR: allows full control of fonts, background color, highlight color, left/right/center/justify/indent text, left/right margins, bullets, hyperlinks, table color/shading/border/resize, text-sort, line-select, zoom, 100-level undo/redo, line numbers, etc.
- IMAGES: clone, copy, paste, import, export, resize, compress.
- TREE FEATURES: multiple sorting options + control of node font/color/style/size, numbering, check box, marking, icon, drag-drop, etc.
- SETTINGS SCREEN loaded with options.
- ICONS: 20000+ free icons, create icon libraries, export/import icons, etc.;
- POWERFUL FUNCTIONS: forms, templates, recycler, 10 skins, in/export HTML, XML, RTF, TXT, CSV; auto-paste, auto-save, auto-indent, beginner- and advanced-mode, hyperlinked history/bookmarks/favorites lists; print/preview; file-drag-drop; global program activation keyboard shortcut, auto-save; auto-indent; HYPERLINKS browser-style to internal nodes, to files/directories on disk, to Web pages, to email addresses, to FTP, to news groups, user-defined; etc. Powerful+portable, TreePad PLUS is the ideal companion to every PC user!
- Article editing
- TreePad PLUS allows full rich text editing of articles; font: bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, subscript, superscript, color, font background color, font name, font size; paragraph: left, right, center, justify, bullets (normal, numbered, alphabetic, etc.), indents, adjust left/right margins; tables: create, insert/delete rows, insert/delete columns, combine rows/columns/cells, show/hide table borders.
- Articles without any Rich Text formatting are automatically stored as plain text, to save disk space.
- TreePad PLUS allows you to display, insert, export, copy/paste and store hundreds of images (tens of megabytes). Images are stored in compressed form (bitmap compression ratios of up to 90%).
- The program currently supports .png, .jpg, .gif, .emf, .wmf, .ico and .bmp images. Images are stored in their native format, and can be exported to other image file types.
- Note: TreePad X Enterprise can store many Gigabytes of images.
- Tree icons
- Each tree node can be marked with its own icon. TreePad PLUS comes with a set of 160 tree-icons by default. Additionally, you can an import and use an unlimited number of alternative icons.
- Hyperlink Manager
- TreePad PLUS supports active hyperlinks (blue and underlined) to internal TreePad nodes/articles, to documents, folders and programs on your hard disk, to Web pages, email addresses, FTP sites, newsgroups.
- A real time saver is the fact that you can insert multiple hyperlinks to local documents in one go.
- Relative and absolute hyperlinks are also supported.
- Many drag-and-drop features! Rearrange the tree by dragging nodes to another location. Drop text blocks from the article into the tree. Drop texts and hyperlinks from other programs (like Netscape or MS Word) directly into the article or tree. Drop one or more files from the Windows Explorer (or another file manager) into the treepad article to create file hyperlinks. Drop one or more files from the Windows Explorer into the tree to directly import those files.
- Tree editing
- You can create any tree structure you want! It is very easy to add nodes/articles to the tree, delete nodes/articles, move whole sub-trees around using 'drag-and-drop'. You can even copy/cut/paste complete sub trees including all contained articles.
- Moreover, nodes can be individually marked, by setting a different icon, color, size, style, background color and font-name for the title of each node (using the formatting toolbar and formatting menu).
- Also: copy/cut/paste of sub trees between different documents and active TreePad programs.
- You can create a template as easily as you create a TreePad article. When you apply a template to a newly created article, everything contained in the template will be automatically added to the new (child) article. TreePad templates can contain texts, text-formatting and images.
- Templates can save you a lot of time and effort! For instance, when you set up a database of friends or business relationships, you can create an address template containing the fields 'name:', 'address:', 'phone:', etc. All newly articles created using that template now contain these elements by default.
- In short, all images, formatting and texts which are part of the template article will automatically be included into newly created sibling nodes/articles.
- Distribute your documents!
- You can distribute all your TreePad generated documentation (including images, tree icons, hyperlinks, etc.) without any royalties or additional costs, using the freeware TreePad Viewer program.
- The viewer now also can read TreePad PLUS (5.x beta) password protected files.
- Instant Intranet!
- TreePad is also a very powerful documentation tool! With only a few mouse clicks you can generate a complete Web site from your data, including all HTML pages, images (GIF, JPEG, PNG), hyperlinks and index page. With TreePad PLUS you don't need to edit, manage or maintain any HTML pages or worry about broken hyperlinks!
- Non-internet image types, like BMP and EMF are automatically converted to JPEG and GIF during export. As an example, you can look at the online TreePad PLUS manual, which has been generated by this program just one second.
- TreePad saves disk space!
- Storing data in TreePad will save space on your hard disk! Images are compressed up to 90%! Besides, putting your data into a separate (HTML, RTF, DOC, PNG, BMP, JPG, GIF, EMF, WMF, ICO, text) files would use up much more disk space then having the same information into one or two TreePad files.
- The contents article can be zoomed from 10% to 1000%. The toolbar system is fully customizable, toolbars can be hidden, shown, you can move them around and place them anywhere, even in the main area of the program so that they become little floating tool windows.
- A very useful feature is the internal search engine (screenshot), which is able to locate any article inside the TreePad database.
- It features a number of 'smart' options which can also be combined:
- search the whole database or only a selected sub tree.
- search only articles, only the captions of the nodes, or both.
- find items containing the the exact phrase entered in the 'search text' field, find items containing all the words (boolean AND), find items containing least one of the words (boolean OR).
- search/replace on article texts
- easy switch between article and tree search
- Disk catalogs
- TreePad can easily create catalogs of your disks and directories! A disk catalog can be useful e.g. in creating a searchable database of all your removable disks (CD's, floppies, ZIP disks, etc.). Having such a database will simplify finding the right disk when you need a certain program or data file. With this function you can also create and manage shortcuts to files and directories on your hard disk.
- This option is more extended than what can be found in specialized disk-catalog programs like CatFish and Cathy which do not possess TreePad's advanced search, organizing, reporting, print, export, import and HTML generation capabilities.
- And last but not least, files and directories are represented as hyperlinks, activating the hyperlink will automatically open the file or directory if the corresponding disk or directory exists and is accessible by your system.
- Disk reports
- The disk catalog function has some additional features which usually are only found in disk-reporting tools like e.g. Disktective: TreePad not only lists the name, size and date of individual files, and the amount of free disk space, but also the total real size of a directory (that is, the size of a directory including all containing subdirectories and files!). Disk reports can be printed, exported to HTML, RTF, Web site, etc.
- Extended clipboard functions
- TreePad PLUS makes your life easier with its extended Windows clipboard functions: copy/paste of Rich Text and images (bitmap, vector), copy/paste as plain text, automatic paste of Rich Text and images, automatic paste as plain text.
- Usage and installation
- TreePad PLUS runs on Windows XP, Vista, 2000, NT, 95, 98, ME; the program itself is only 1300 Kb in size, despite all its features!
- No special dlls are needed, so your system will not be messed up by installing TreePad! Also: automatic install, manual install (just copy the files), run without install, run from external/USB disk, etc.
- TreePad PLUS introduces an extremely wide range of unique import and export capabilities:
- Export of any sub tree (nodes/articles) to separate HTML, Text and RTF files (recursively creating directories at each new level) in one go.
- Export of any sub tree (nodes/articles) to one HTML with tree indentations at each new level.
- Export of any sub tree (nodes/articles) to one text file.
- Export of any sub tree to a complete Website, including text formatting, images, all types of external hyperlinks, links to files, and hyperlinks between nodes.
- Export of any sub tree to TreePad 2.x and TreePad 4.x files (including images and tree icons).
- Import into a sub tree of any TreePad 2.x or TreePad 4.x file (including images and tree icons).
- Import multiple (.txt, .rtf, .html) files at once into a sub tree: any selection and combination of file types can be imported into a sub tree in one go
- Import multiple hyperlinks to files in one go
- Import images directly from .png, .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .emf, .wmf and .ico files. All image types are stored compressed and in their native format.
- Convert and export all image types directly to .png, .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .emf and .wmf files.
- Any individual article can be exported to an HTML, Rich Text or plain text file.
- HTML, Rich Text or plain text files can also be 'inserted' into an article at any cursor position.
- Export to XML using a separate program.
- Import from CSV using a separate program.
- Import from Mindmanager using a MindManager plugin.
- Import Netscape and explorer bookmarks using a separate program.
- Many more import and export features and utilities to come!
- Non-western fonts
- Supports for non-Western fonts is provided through DBCS (double byte character set) mode. One can enable the article's DBCS mode using the options screen. Full Unicode support is planned for future versions.
- Database size
- There is no recommended limit to the number (or total size) of images stored. TreePad PLUS easily handles hundreds of images and tens of Mb of images.
- There is no formal limit to the number of nodes in a TreePad database or the size of the file, nor is there a limit to the number of files/databases you create and use.
- Tip: we recommend a maximum size of 20 Mb for text data in each TreePad file/database. Please note, this is a recommendation, not a limitation. It is very well possible to have text data sizes larger than 30 Mb, provided that you have sufficient disk space, internal memory and virtual memory. In other words, whatever limitation you might experience here is dictated by your machine.
- If database size is an important issue, you might want to consider TreePad X Enterprise, see also directly below.
- Data format
- Information on the TreePad PLUS and TreePad freeware .hjt dataformat is freely available. TreePad PLUS databases can contain HTML, Rich Text and plain text articles. The .hjt file format is ASCII based, the newer .tpd file format is binary.
- TreePad PLUS is fully compatible with any TreePad file format. Any TreePad file can be automatically read by TreePad PLUS. Since TreePad PLUS articles can contain Rich Text formatting codes, the freeware version, in turn, will not necessarily read TreePad PLUS files automatically. The PLUS version, however, is fully equipped with all conversion capabilities. In other words, you can convert any TreePad PLUS file to a format that can be read by TreePad freeware.
- Multi-monitor support,
- Improved install/uninstall,
- Compatibility with all DEP settings in Windows Vista
Requirements: 12 Mb memory
TreePad PLUS 7.5.3 Screenshot
TreePad PLUS 7.5.3 Keywords
Bookmark TreePad PLUS 7.5.3
TreePad PLUS 7.5.3 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.