VirtualGPS 1.42 Ranking & Summary
VirtualGPS 1.42 description
VirtualGPS 1.42 is a tool which is used to emulate GPS module and returns your location (by using cellular towers). Accuracy of coordinates is about 200m in urban area and up to 5km in countryside. Screenshots are explaining how to use VirtualGPS with navigation software (e.g. "Google Maps").
Why do I need this software?
- Google "my location" feature works only with google maps, while VirtualGPS works with any navigation software.
- VirtualGPS supports wider range of devices because it uses 3 modes of getting cellular info instead of one like in google maps. (e.g. google maps does not work with IPAQ Voice Messenger, but this program does).
- VirtualGPS can work in PDA without phone module, see AT mode.
- Run VirtualGPS, wait about 1 minute until GPS: ON (or OFF in case of no reception) is shown.
- Run navigation software. In the settings put GPS on COMx (Port is displayed on the main screen).
- Now your gadget thinks it's connected to real GPS ;)
How does it work?
- Location method: cellular. There are 3 modes of getting info from cellular towers, most devices can support only one of them: RIL mode. (works for most devices); MEM mode. (memory reading for devices with OMAP processor, does not work for UMTS). Before start you can be asked about MCC and MNC values. E.g. for Germany MCC must be 262; AT mode. (AT commands are used, can work as a linkage of simple mobile phone and PDA without phone module, both devices can be connected via bluetooth or IrDA).
Starting of this mode can take up to 3 minutes. At first start program will try all three modes.
- Location method: wifi. If all modes have failed, VirtualGPS is still able to retrieve your position, by using wifi hotspots. In order to use wifi triangulation, wifi adapter must be enabled (no need to be connected). Navigation software can read data from GPS in two ways (take a look at screenshots): Taking raw data directly from port; Taking location from intermediate driver (available since Windows Mobile 5). Few programs can simultaneously use GPS through this driver and there is no need to set up any ports. Some latest navigation programs can work only with intermediate driver.
- Lite CellId database
- Virtual COM port
- Cellular triangulation (accuracy 200m-5km)
- WiFi triangulation (accuracy 20-150m)
- Full CellId database
- GPS Intermediate driver (GPD1)
- Technical support
Requirements: Windows CE, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 2005
VirtualGPS 1.42 Screenshot
VirtualGPS 1.42 Keywords
Bookmark VirtualGPS 1.42
VirtualGPS 1.42 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.