Work Log and Activity Timer 3.1
Work Log and Activity Timer 3.1 Ranking & Summary
Work Log and Activity Timer 3.1 description
Work Log and Activity Timer 3.1 keeps track of the time you spend at the computer on projects or activities. It keeps track of all the times when you use the mouse or keyboard. You can also set it to automatically change project when you use particular windows.
It can be used as a project timer, a session timer, or an eye protection reminder. Activity Timer can track all the times when you use the mouse or keyboard. In this way you can find out exactly how much time you spend at the computer on each of your projects or tasks. You can also play sounds or show screen alarms as a reminder that it is time to stop work, or take a short break before you start again - see Session Alarms & progress indicators.
The other main thing you can do is to play or show reminders to look away from the screen for a few seconds from time to time as is advised by eye doctors - this can help mitigate that tiredness of the eyes that can result from long periods of staring at a computer monito. It has a straightforward layout and is extremely easy to use.
- Treat as idle time whenever mouse or keyboard are idle for more than a set period of time
- Auto ends the session if idle for even longer - when you leave the computer running and go away for five minutes say. Auto restarts as soon as you start to use the keyboard or mouse again.
- You can set the time of day when each day rolls over to the next
- You can set it to start whenever you start the computer
- You can set it to run as a tray icon (in the area next to the system clock), so that you can show it any time with a right click on the icon
- You can set it to pop up whenever you move the mouse into a selected corner of the screen as a quick way to show the times at any time or to change project
- Year 2038 compliant - the current build of Activity Timer will work fine until the end of this century.
- Show table (csv type) with details of the hours worked for every day worked, to open in a database program.
- Show a summary report of all the time spent on every project, and make a combined database showing the total time spent on all the projects for each day worked.
- You can show a pie chart, bar chart or list with the total times for each project for the day, week, year, or entire project.
- You can set it to run minimized. When minimized you can see the time so far in the current session when you hover the mouse over its icon. You can also change the project or set it to working or not working with a quick right click on the icon.
- You can show it's miminised icon as a pie chart for the amount of time in session so far - with complete circle set to whatever you like, preset to one hour
- Flash icon or screen when time is up, or play tune
- Eye protection reminders to take one or two minute eye breaks several times an hour as recommended by eye doctors. You can play a short tune for the break, or flash the icon or screen as a reminder. It's a reminder to blink to moisten the eyes, and to relax the eyes by looking into the distance, e.g. out of a window.
- Easy to add new projects - just enter its name into the box and press the New Project button and it is done
- Basic features are free with splash screen. Low price and more features if you pay to remove the splash.
- Straight forward layout. Easy to use. Small download size.
- You can translate all the text in the user interface into your own language.
- Automatically switch projects when you open a document with a particular title or start a particular process
- Automatically pause when you open a document with a particular title or start a particular process
- Automatically disable all alarms when you open a document with a particular title or start a particular process e.g. when media player is running.
- Show the total hours worked for each project between any dates - or the hours worked in each week during the time period. Week for the purposes of the time period can start at any day of the week.
- Show costs for the work done based on an hourly rate. You can also show a break down of the total hours for the entire period for each project, and the totals for each week.
- Option to treat short breaks or changes of project of say less than one minute as time worked on current project
- Show details of when you worked on every project during the day. Also change which project any time period was recorded for - or change a recorded rest period to an active period or vice versa (modifying is shareware)
- Similarly show and modify details for earlier days.
- Treat screensaver always as idle time when running even if there is mouse or keyboard activity - e.g. useful for password locked screen savers.
- Random skin feature
- Click and drag number changes - click on any number in the user interface (the number itself, not the spin button next to it) and with the mouse button held down, drag up or down (out of the text field) to change the number
- Support for Unicode (font for skin, project names, etc)
- Automatic backups - Projects | Automatic Backups
- Distinguish tasks for projects - This is useful if your projects typically have various sub-tasks - Projects |Distinguish Tasks for Projects .
- Report time worked for any period - Reports | Days worked for Date Range .
- Report time worked per week for any period - this is useful if you need e.g. to quickly bring up a report of the time worked for each week for the last four weeks for each project - Reports | Days worked for Date Range
- Show cost equivalents for the times, calculated at user set rate per hour - Reports | Options for Days worked for Date Range
- Option to show tables in Activity Timer before you show them externally - Reports | Show tables in Activity Timer first
- Show a splash screen for the end of session or eye protection alarms - which can be any image, or a web page, which means you can also include movies for the end of session or eye protection alarms - just embed your movie in a web page and you can then use it as an alarm - Alarms | Configure Splash - eye protection .
- Show progress in the screen border for the eye protection and end of session alarms. This is particularly useful for the eye protection - as you have a progress type indication of how long to rest your eyes for - Alarms | Eye Protection Alarms - (More version of the window) | Show alarm progress in border. (with Flash Screen switched on)
- Prevent monitor power down and screen saver when the leisure time windows are visible - this is useful if the leisure activity window is e.g. watching a movie on your computer Alarms | Disable Alarms for Window Titles | More
- Support for Wine under Linux - now tested under Wine and programmed to deal with particular issues that arise in Wine. See Wine Compatibility for details.
- Any image for the splash screen for the eye protection and end of session reminders.
- Any web page for the splash.
- Automatically change project when you use particular windows.
- Change project for any session after it is recorded.
- Show tables of times per week.
- Show project costs on a per hour basis.
Work Log and Activity Timer 3.1 Screenshot
Work Log and Activity Timer 3.1 Keywords
Bookmark Work Log and Activity Timer 3.1
Work Log and Activity Timer 3.1 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.