Writers Tools 0.9.47
Writers Tools 0.9.47 Ranking & Summary
Writers Tools 0.9.47 description
Writers Tools is a useful add-in for OpenOffice.org that enables users to perform numerous tasks. Using Writers Tools, you can back up documents, look up and translate words and phrases, manage text snippets, and keep tabs on document statistics.
Writers Tools includes the following utilities:
- Lookup Tool allows you to look up the currently selected word in several online references, including Cambridge Dictionaries, WordNet, and Google Define.
- Google Translate tool allows users to quickly translate selected text fragments between different languages using the Google Translate service.
- Show on the Map tool allows you to select a city, a street name, or a post code and map it using Google Maps.
- Email Backup tool can be used to quickly send a backup copy of the currently opened document to a specified email address.
- Multi-format Backup tool saves the currently opened Writer document in the Word, RTF, and TXT formats. The backup files are stored in a separate folder with a date stamp. On Linux, the macro also archives the resulting folder using the tar utility. On Windows, there is an option to use the 7-zip compression tool.
- Remote Backup allows you to quickly save a backup copy of the current document on an FTP server.
- Wikify Word tool links a selected word or text fragment in the current document to a Writer document, which is created on the fly. For example, if the word "Monkey" is selected, the macro automatically links it to the created on the fly Monkey.odt document.
- Start/Stop Timer tool can be used to keep tabs on the time spent on the currently opened document and save the time data (the document name, used time, and date) in the accompanying WriterDB database.
- Quick Converter lets you perform conversion between the metric and imperial systems. The default conversion rules can be easily expanded.
- Bookmarks tool allows you to bookmark often-used documents, so you can access them with a few mouse clicks.
- Word of the Day tool picks and displays a random word and its definition from the accompanying WriterDB database. As a writer, you may often come across a new word or an interesting expression. The WriterDB database allows you to store your language findings in one place, while the Word of the Day tool helps you to keep them active in your memory.
- Add to Basket tool is designed to quickly add text snippets, links, and notes to the supplied database.
- Database tool opens the WriterDB database, where you can use the available forms to manage notes and tasks.
- Convert To tool can convert Writer documents in a selected folder into a specified format. These tools can come in handy when you need to convert multiple Writer documents in one go.
- Visual Word Count tool shows the current word count and lets you monitor your writing progress.
- Tasks tool is a no-frills to-do manager that allows you to quickly add, view, and purge tasks.
- Writer Templates is a separate extension that contains an article and a book template.
- miniInvoices is a customizable invoicing solution for writers. miniInvoices is built with OpenOffice.org Base and relies on the Sun Report Builder extension. The solution features support for multiple currencies and basic reporting capabilities. The latter allows the user to generate print-ready invoices and earning reports. miniInvoices is available as a separate download
Writers Tools 0.9.47 Screenshot
Writers Tools 0.9.47 Keywords
Bookmark Writers Tools 0.9.47
Writers Tools 0.9.47 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.