XLReportGen 3.6.2 Ranking & Summary
XLReportGen 3.6.2 description
XLReportGen 3.6.2 is a report generator designed for Microsoft Excel used for producing reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. With this tool, you can create all kinds of reports as you need if you know how to use Microsoft Excel and write SQL statements. It has a GUI for end users.
To create a report, XLReportGen need to read a report template file and an XRF file. The report template file is a Microsoft Excel workbook that defines the layouts and formats of a report. The XRF file contains SQL statements and some information, and tells XLReportGen how to get data from database and how to put data into a report. First XLReportGen creates a blank report using the report template file, and then executes SQL statements in the XRF file to get data from database, and fills data into the report to generate the desired report in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format.
- Easy to use. You already know how to use Microsoft Excel. It is easy. Get data using SQL. It is simple. You can create reports without programming experience. Easy to learn, use and maintain.
- Powerful and flexible. XLReportGen is powerful and flexible because Microsoft Excel and SQL are powerful and flexible. You can create extremely complex reports.
- Saves money. You do not need to buy extra costly reporting tools. No training is necessary because everyone uses Microsoft Office.
- Saves time. Reduce development time and training time.
- Improves productivity. More productive when reports are in familiar formats like Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- For various users. For IT users, you know Microsoft Excel and SQL, it is enough. No programming is required. For business users, you can create report templates using Microsoft Excel. XLReportGen enables you to design reports like defining the layout, style, format of reports. For developers, XLReportGen can be called by your program. It enables you to integrate Microsoft Excel and your application.
- Using Microsoft Excel as your reporting tool. Just use Microsoft Excel as your reporting tool. You design reports like layout, style, format directly using Microsoft Excel. And you will get reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format as a result. Microsoft Excel is powerful, flexible and familiar. You do not need to buy and learn extra reporting tools.
- Making report template directly using Microsoft Excel. The main advantage of using XLReportGen is based on the fact that all formatting is done directly in Microsoft Excel. You can take full advantage of Microsoft Excel including cell formatting, formulas, filtering and sorting, drawing and pictures, charts, multiple sheets, page setup, headers and footers, preview and printing, VBA, macros, and more.
- Accessing to databases using SQL. XLReportGen executes SQL statements to extract data from database. Supports all type SQL: DML, DDL and DCL. Multiple SQL statements can be executed in one report building process. You can perform queries on databases, insert data into databases, and create database objects like tables. The power of SQL can be harnessed for maximum efficiency in reporting.
- Creating reports without programming experience. You know how to use Microsoft Excel and how to write SQL, it is enough. It does not require programming to create reports.
- Connection to all databases using ODBC. XLReportGen connects to databases using ODBC. Access to all databases which support ODBC such as Oracle, DB2, Sybase, Informix, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, MySQL, Microsoft Access, dBase.
- Supporting multi-databases in one report. XLReportGen supports multi-databases in one report. You can get data from some different databases such as Oracle, DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server, and put these data into one report.
- Generating reports with parameters. XLReportGen gives you an opportunity to create reports with parameters. You may use parameters in SQL statements. You will be asked to input the values of parameters while creating reports.
- Supporting Windows mode and command line mode
- XLReportGen supports command line mode. So it is possible to call XLReportGen from other program. For developers, you can integrate XLReportGen into your application.
- Creating complex reports. You can create complex reports. The complexity might come from reports formatting as well as reports content.
- Creating reports with pictures. XLReportGen can insert pictures from the graphics files, position and size the pictures according to your instruction.
- Many reports in one Microsoft Excel workbook. One Microsoft Excel workbook may contain many reports. You can generate a book of reports in one generating process.
- Conversion of file formats. XLReportGen is a converter too. You can convert Microsoft Excel workbook to and from other formats, such as HTML, XML, CSV, text, DBF, DIF, and Lotus 1-2-3. You also can convert data from database to other file format.
- Generating reports automatically. The process of report generation can be fully automated, periodically or on events. XLReportGen can be scheduled with Windows Scheduled Tasks or other tools.
- One time configuration. With on time configuration, you can repeatedly generate reports especially periodic reports such as daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Flexible deployment. XLReportGen can be run on your desktop or server.
- Fixed some bugs for UNC path.
- Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista or later.
- Microsoft Office 97/98, Office 2000, Office XP, Office 2003 or later.
XLReportGen 3.6.2 Screenshot
XLReportGen 3.6.2 Keywords
Bookmark XLReportGen 3.6.2
XLReportGen 3.6.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.