CapeSoft Office Messenger 3.00
CapeSoft Office Messenger 3.00 Ranking & Summary
CapeSoft Office Messenger 3.00 description
CapeSoft Office Messenger 3.00 is an easy to use software for instantly sending any messages to your office colleagues. It is designed to provide all the functionality of a high-quality Office Messaging application, and maintain the setup and options to an absolute minimum, so everyone can use it with little or no training required.
- Automatically detects other users. No configuration necessary. See which users are online.
- Messages are sent instantly or queued until the recipient is online. You get a confirmation that your message was sent successfully.
- Stores message history for later retrieval.
- Has a simple-to-use interface which offers all the power of a full instant messenger application, but all available through this intuitive interface.
- Runs in your system tray.
- Automatically pops up on top when a message is received.
- Remote administration means you can set options and register etc. without having to visit every machine.
- Automatic upgrading. Only one person needs to run an upgrade (when new versions are released) and all the machines get upgraded.
- Automatically primes your message to allow you to reply with the least effort.
- Does not require a server application. Just install the application and it runs. No customization necessary.
- Features a full address book, automated sharing (Professional edition), contact pictures, groups and more.
- Professional Edition provides automated Address Book sharing across the LAN
- Professional Edition supports importing contacts from Microsoft Outlook
- Supports Address Book export to CSV, HTML, PDF, XML, Word, Excel and text, sending it via email, or printing it.
- Allows you to define your own groups and to send a message to multiple users and/or groups at once.
- Avoid unwanted eyes from catching a glimpse of your message by sending the message as "private".
- Printing of messages.
- Allows bulk deleting of messages from your message history.
- Has a 30-day demo license, allowing you to try out this cool product before registering it.
- Application can automatically check for updates online, download the updates, install them and automatically send the update around the LAN.
- Messenger General
- Fixed the program causing an error when exiting.
- Add all commands to menu( public/private/new etc.)
- Numerous fixes an improvements to ensure improvements to ensure that messenger comes to be front without grabbing focus
- The messenger window now appears "out of focus" when it is (rather than appearing in focus, even though it never received focus).
- The new version of Messenger has a large amount of new "internal" functionality, in order to make sure that It Just Works.
- Data is stored in the Documents and Settings folder for newer versions of Window (Windows 2000 and later), and copies the old data across if it exists. This allows each user to have their own data. Upgrading to the new file format and storage location is fully automatic.
- Support for multiple users on a single machine, note that you can't use multiple copies at the same time (for example with fast user switching), other than that you can have any number of people on the same computer who use Office Messenger, each will have their own data storage.
- Fixed blank message arriving (no sender, no body content etc.).
- Fixed a GPF when the Windows firewall was and there was no license. If searching for a license was canceled the registration windows would open and the application would cause a GPF when the window was closed.
- Fixed the message not always sent to the correct recipient (the entry in recipient drop down was not correctly reflecting the selected recipient).
- Added code to save the column width on list boxes.
- Fixed problem with the recipient drop down opening when the down arrow key was used after the window was closed by pressing the Esc key rather than using the close button.
- Added styles to all the list boxes (alternate rows are colored differently, text is styled to indicate it's type etc.)
- Register Window
- Fixed colors and links
- Fixed incorrect capitalisation
- Fixed wrong cursor when moving the mouse over links
- Cleaned up position of information on the window
- Fully updated docs, with more information and new screen shots of the 3.0 interface. More changes to come.
- Main Window
- New icons
- New look and feel, the list box now displays groups and special entries in different colors, adding colors to alternate rows and offline users are now grayed out.
- If the program exits incorrectly or an error causes it to close nd error report is created and the program will restart itself.
- The groups and multiple recipient buttons have been merged to a single "Recipients" button and the interface for managing recipients and groups cleaned up
- Added a print preview and a Printer Setup option.
- Fixed a problem with users sometimes disappearing or going offline, fixed a number of issue with the automatic detection of users.
- Menu items now have icons
- Multiple Recipient Selection
- Added coloring and styles to the list boxes (alternate rows colored differently, groups and special entries highlighted etc.).
- Fixed typographics errors
- History Window
- Bulk delete, added instructions to make the date format etc. clearer
- New styling for list box and window
- New style header bar sort added, sort is now faster.
- Added the ability to reactivate a message without opening it
- Change the code so that it selects the first item in the browse when changing keys if the current record will be filtered out with the new key.
- Added a locator for the list box (allows the first few letters of an entry to be typed in to select that entry, works for all sort orders)
- Don't allow the message to be re-activated if it was sent (only received messages).
- Added SendTo, which allows the list to be exported in a number of formats including HTML, Excel, PDF, Word and CSV. In addition you can send the entire list to a printer or email. (Exporting to Word and Excel formats require Microsoft Office 2000 or later)
- Group Editor
- One global selection color (same style settings for all windows).
- Deleting a group could cause the application to close, this has been fixed.
- Creating a new group now selects the newly created group after creation.
- The "Deselect All" button on the Group Editor did not work, this is now fixed
- Remote Shutdown
- New layout, fixed a few missing hot keys
- Options window
- Removed the Maximum Instances section as this is not used.
- New layout, larger buttons, divided settings into appropriate section.
- Fixed coloring, spacing, icons etc.
- Some options were saved even if the cancel button was pressed this has been corrected.
- Address book
- The address book now has a print button to print the current selected entry.
- Added SendTo, which allows the address list to be exported in a number of formats including HTML, Excel, PDF, Word and CSV. In addition you can send the entire list to a printer or email. (Exporting to Word and Excel formats require Microsoft Office 2000 or later)
- Added buttons to go to a contact's web site, send an email to the select contact etc.
- All new layout, new options, with the selected recipient's details show below the address list allowing quick access to notes etc,
- The address book now has a print button to print the current selected entry.
- Runs on 32-bit Windows platforms (e.g. Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP & Vista)
- Needs TCP/IP Installed. TCP/IP runs on most networks now-a-days.
- At the moment Office Messenger won't work through a WAN (Wide Area Network) router, but will run on most LAN's (Local Area Networks). This basically means that it will run on most office network setups.
CapeSoft Office Messenger 3.00 Screenshot
CapeSoft Office Messenger 3.00 Keywords
Bookmark CapeSoft Office Messenger 3.00
CapeSoft Office Messenger 3.00 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.