Eudora 8.0b6 Ranking & Summary
Eudora 8.0b6 description
Eudora 8.0b6 offers you a mail and news application which is based on the open source Thunderbird client from Mozilla. It's not developers' intention to compete with Thunderbird; rather, they want to complement it. Qualcomm is committed to both preserving the Eudora user experience and to maintaining maximum compatibility, for both developers and users, with Thunderbird.
- Play your music for new mail and filters
- Choose files from your downloaded music to use as the alert for new mail and filters. Get there via Tools > Options > Getting Attention! To add your music to Filters, go to Tools > Filters > Action > Playsound.
- Recent Mail
- A "Recent" folder was added to the Mailboxes window and a "Recent" submenu was added to both the Mailboxes and Transfer menus.
- Saved Search Criteria
- Eudora 7.1 has the ability to save search criteria. Go to File->Save, then open the search criteria later via the menu arrow on the "Search" button.
- Add a picture or logo to your signature
- Add a picture or logo to your signature, you can also include a link to your company web site. Go to Edit > Insert > Downloadable Picture, to insert a hyperlinked graphic.
- Updated SpamWatch definitions
- These SpamWatch updates will help with changes in spammer's technique.
- Ultra-Fast Indexed Search : Even with decades of archives containing hundreds of thousands of entries, Eudora 7 finds results instantaneously. Click here for video!
- Security: The S/MIME (Secure Multi-purpose Internet Mail Extensions) plug-in allows you to sign or encrypt your email communications for greatest security.
- SpamWatch: (Paid mode only) SpamWatch is a powerful tool in Eudora 6 and higher to help you stop Spam.
- ScamWatch: This new feature combats "phishing" schemes that use disguised URL's to gather personal information. Eudora now detects if the URL in the link differs suspiciously from the host name and warns you to exercise caution before making the connection.
- OpenSSL: The state-of-the art standard in email security and encryption.
- Improved IMAP: Improved functionality to synchronize and access email from multiple computers and locations.
- Emoticons: 24 new originally designed emoticons (not in Light mode).
- WebWords: WebWords combines email and web searching.
- Content Concentrator: Content Concentrator is a new tool in Eudora 6 to help make messages more readable.
- Contextual Filing advanced matching: Select a word (or words) within a message and, with one click, you can file it in a folder or mailbox of the same name or one containing that word.
- Improved Outlook importer: Easily imports mail, addresses and attachments from Outlook to Eudora, making switching to Eudora easier than ever.
- IMAP mailbox sync: Eudora allows users to specify which IMAP mailboxes should be synced on mail checks. A menu item provides a toggle so that users can "Sync on Mail Check" or not.
- Format Painter: Copies fonts and styles from one place to another.
- New Toolbar Icons: In Eudora 6, upgrade to the new icon look. Or, if preferred, the option to maintain the classic look is also provided.
- Fast, Powerful Search: Search through thousands of messages in seconds, using multiple search criteria.
- Enhanced Filters: Thousands of combinations available for sorting and organizing your mail box contents.
- Virus Protection: Eudora doesn't allow anything to run from your mail unless you want it to, stopping viruses and trojan horses cold. Eudora also warns users about opening emails with potentially dangerous content.
- Drag and Drop Attachments: Drag attachments from an email onto your desktop or from your desktop into an email.
- Formatting and Styles: You can generate styled text (font, color, size, style, margins, etc.) from the Text menu. You can also paste in styled text. Styles are maintained when included in replies and forwarded messages.
- Strikeout Style Button: Show edits using the cross outs on selected text.
- In-line spell checking: Eudora highlights the misspelled words in your message. You can review, override and add words to your dictionary.
- Color Labeling: Assign colors to sort your mail either manually or automatically using filters.
- Customize your Toolbar: Arrange the toolbar layout, add or remove function keys.
- Mail Sort: Sort the contents of a mailbox by clicking on a column header. You can choose to sort by Sender, Date, Subject, Label color, etc.
- Import: Easy import from other common email clients.
- Kerberos V Authentication: One-time security login for site licensees.
- Eudora Sharing Protocol (ESP): Automatically sync and share files with family, friends and co-workers. No need for a separate server or resending large attachments.
- Powerful Address Book: Automatic email address listings. Enter custom fields and multiple nicknames. Drag and drop nicknames to the toolbar for quick new message creation.
- MoodWatch: Lets you know about the flame content in incoming and outgoing emails.
- Email Usage Stats: Offers private, personal and interesting insight to a user's day-to-day email activity and patterns.
- Multi-tasking: Compose, receive and send mail simultaneously. By checking and sending mail as a background operation, Eudora lets you work in other applications while your email is transferring.
- Automatic Name and Address Completion: Eudora automatically completes the recipient name you are typing using information from your Address Book.
- Task Progress Window: Monitor task activity progress when sending or checking mail.
- Personalities: You can create various names from which you send and receive email with the Personalities settings. As an example, you might use one personality (email address name) for friends and family and another personality for business correspondence.
- IMAP: Internet Message Access Protocol allows you to access email stored on a remote server. Using IMAP you can switch from computer to computer and still see the same Eudora interface from multiple locations.
- LDAP Directory Services: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) allows you to look up contacts using LDAP servers such as WhoWhere.
Enhancements: includes Penelope version 0.5a3 and is using Thunderbird 3.0b2 source code.
- A PC running Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
- OR a Macintosh running Mac OS X or later
- A POP3 or IMAP4 mail account via an Internet Service Provider or a network connection
- Access to your mail account via PPP dial-up networking using a modem or a TCP/IP Internet-style network connection
Eudora 8.0b6 Screenshot
Eudora 8.0b6 Keywords
Bookmark Eudora 8.0b6
Eudora 8.0b6 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.