GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6
GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6 Ranking & Summary
GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6 description
GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6 is an efficient tool for Exchange Server which functions as an email archiving and email management software package.
Companies’ dependency on email to do business brings with it various problems. Storage limitations, backups, problematic PST files, access to old emails and regulatory compliance or eDiscovery requests are a few issues that arise. Failure to address them effectively could have serious repercussions on the organization.
With over 10,000 customers, GFI MailArchiver is the no.1 email archiving software for SMBs and it is used by administrators to maintain an archive of all corporate email correspondence, significantly reduce the demands on the Exchange server, manage and reduce the company’s dependency on PST files and also meet a growing number of regulations on compliance, eDiscovery and other legislation. Furthermore, this easy to install product requires very little administrative effort and most importantly ships at the lowest price on the market.
When GFI MailArchiver is installed, all email is stored in a central location that is easily accessible in two ways – through a folder in their Outlook email client or using a web browser. The method used to integrate with Outlook is an industry first because the technology does not use stub files which is what most products use.
Using the auditing functionality, management can access any email that is requested for ediscovery/email compliance purposes and guarantee that these emails have not been tampered with.
Features for the Administrator:
- NEW! – Multi-lingual Support for Email Indexing: The new version of GFI MailArchiver™ ships with multi-lingual support. During installation administrators have the option to select the language to be used when indexing emails. Now we support organizations who receive email in: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Czech, Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
- NEW! – Integration with Exchange and Other Email Servers: GFI MailArchiver leverages the journaling feature of Exchange Server, providing unparalleled scalability and reliability. Other email archiving solutions actually replace the email with a link to their database, creating a single point of failure that can bring down your entire email system. GFI MailArchiver can be used with Exchange as well as other email servers. Email can be polled from any mail server which supports IMAP and Active Directory.
- NEW! – Outlook Integration, with Industry Leading Stub-free Technology: Integration with Outlook means that archived email can be accessed from Outlook as if it were in an Exchange mailbox or a local PST file. While other products do offer Outlook integration, GFI MailArchiver does so without using stub files; a method that is Discouraged by Microsoft as it creates problems for administrators. Using stub files, small portions of each email are still left in the Exchange Server store, creating a negative impact on server performance. GFI MailArchiver’s stub-free approach to Outlook integration is an industry first. Thesoftware also provides administrators with full real-time synchronization of all folders and email in the Exchange mailbox.
- Automatically Archive Email into One Central Storage: Your mail server is not the ideal place to store all organizational email! Over time it will cause a severe decline in email performance. Moving old emails into a database will keep your mail server performance high and email stores compact. You may archive your email in:
- An SQL database: When email is stored in a standard SQL database, it is easy to backup and restore; no special Exchange backup tools are required. This setup is strongly recommended for high email volume environments.
- Directly to an NTFS hard drive: You may store email in a database that is located on an NTFS-formatted hard drive, saving you the license costs of Microsoft SQL Server! This setup is suitable for low email volume environments and for small enterprises who need to economize.
- Multiple Database Support and Automatic Database Management: It is possible to archive emails in multiple databases, overriding the problem of having one large database that grows slow becomes a maintenance problem.You are assisted to automatically archive emails to a new database after a specified time, for example, every month or quarter.
- Reduce Email Storage Requirements: Storing email in a database is more effecient than storing email in a PST file. You are given even more savings by compressing (and decompressing) attachments on the fly, which makes better use of your storage resources ascompared with storing attachments in the Exchange stores. Only one copy of attachments sent to multiple recipients is also archived.
- Unlimited mailbox: Administrators are no longer forced to compromise between mailbox size quotas and Exchange performance. With GFI MailArchiver, users benefit from a near ‘unlimited’ mailbox – with easy access to their email at all times – because the software archives email in an SQL database and not on Exchange. With fewer storage demands, a smaller Exchange store, and no stub files left on the server, administrators will notice a marked increase in performance.
- End PST Nightmare: Using GFI MailArchiver for Exchange eliminates the need for users to archive their mail in PST files on local hard disks. PST files can end up being very large and difficult to backup and search. Many users do not know how to organize their PST files properly. Your users will be offered the power browse and retrieve past email from the database, rather than having to dig through a store of PST files on disk to find a particular email.
- Migrate old PST files off of Client Machines: Through GFI MailArchiver's agent-based PST Exporter, you can archive emails that were processed by Microsoft Exchange prior to the installation of GFI MailArchiver. The GFI PST Exporter uses the GFI MailArchiver Import Service to transfer emails to an archive store without any end-user intervention. Agents save extracted emails in a destination folder and the GFI MailArchiver Import Service then imports the extracted emails into a GFI MailArchiver archive store.
- Set up Email Retention and Categorization Policies: Setting up an email retention policy is critical for your small to medium sized business. Email archiving is essential for those policies but retaining email for an indefinite time is costly. With GFI MailArchiver you can create rules to delete one or more emails after a specific time, for example, you can delete all email sent by the Marketing Department that are older than 7 years. In addition you will be helped to categorize email by adding a label that meets a particular condition. For example, email sent from the CEO, could be automatically labelled with [CEO].
- Helps Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley Act: By archiving all company email, GFI MailArchiver helps organizations to meet Regulatory Compliance such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002 and Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules, public companies must prove that their internal controls and audit trails are sound and that their processes are capable of producing certifiably correct data. Companies must retain all correspondence created, sent, or received in connection with an audit or review of a public company for a period of seven years, during which time these records must remain non-erasable and non-rewritable. This includes any electronic records such as email, particularly relating to subjects, departments or individuals involved in auditing procedures. Failure to comply is a crime, punishable by up to 10 years in jail.
- Helps to Comply with Other Acts and Regulations: GFI MailArchiver is also a valuable tool that aids Compliance with the following: E-Comm Act 2000, BS7799-2:2002, Enterprise Act 2002, Decreto del Presidente del Consiglio dei Ministri (8 febbraio 1999) and more.
- Give Viewing Rights and Exempt Users from Archiving: GFI MailArchiver allows you to grant a user viewing rights to all email relating to a specific Active Directory Group. For example, the Sales Manager would be able to view all email sent or received by his or her team. Also, if required, you can instruct GFI MailArchiver for Exchange not to archive email to and from particular users, for instance it is possible to not archive the email of the IT group.
- Collect and Archive Emails in One Geographic Location: GFI MailArchiver provides the possibility of centralizing email archiving to one physical location by polling emails from multiple locations. For example, an organization that operates in the US, UK and Australia may want to archive email of all offices centrally in one location – the US office.
- Audit Archived Email for Tamper Free Guarantee: GFI MailArchiver ships with auditing functionality that ensures all archived emails have not been tampered with. This is particularly important in industries and countries where regulations require organizations to monitor user activity and keep audit trails of such activity. GFI MailArchiver offers two types of auditing:
- Database activity auditing: Uses the tracing capabilities of Microsoft SQL Server to record all activity affecting the GFI MailArchiver archive databases.
- User interaction auditing:Record all users’ activity while they are using the GFI MailArchiver web interface to browse email archive stores.
- Access Archived Emails from Anywhere: GFI MailArchiver allows users to access their archived email from anywhere in the world, using a browser. Email that had been deleted may also be seen (and restored).
- Advanced Email Search and 'Saved Search' Capabilities: Having a central store of email enables users to easily search through their past email and attachments (Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF, ZIP and many other formats). Once a search has been defined, the user can save the search criteria for easy reference at a later date, similar to Microsoft Outlook Search Folders. For example, you may save a search that displays all email correspondence with client X.
- OneClick Restore a Single Email to a Mailbox: By simply clicking on a button, the user or the administrator can restore an email to a user’s inbox in its original format. GFI MailArchiver restores any archived email (even deleted email) and these are resent to the user as an attachment.
- Outlook Integration: Users can now seamlessly access their archived mail from Outlook as if it were in their Exchange mailbox or local PST file. Deployed as an Outlook plugin, users now have the option of using the familiar Outlook interface to browse their archive. Of course a user can still take advantage of the present web-based interface.
- Pause and Resume for Indexing Jobs: By being able to manage the indexing jobs, administrators can better manage the load on the servers.
- Attachments as MSG Format: Users can download email attachments in EML format (Outlook Express format) or in MSG format (Outlook format), whichever is more convenient.
- Better Internationalization Support: During installation the administrator can select the language to be used when indexing email. Better support for Chinese, Japanese and Korean customers as well as organizations who receive email in those languages are now provided.
- Folder Synchronization: GFI MailArchiver can be set to get the Microsoft Exchange mailbox folders making it easier for the users to locate email. The folders are visible from the Outlook Connector and the web interface.
- Server/Advanced Server Windows 2000 (service Pack 3 or higher), Windows 2003 Standard/Enterprise (x86 Edition) or Windows 2008
- Access to Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, 2003 or 2007
- Support for MS SBS 2003 & 2008 (MS SBS not required)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later
- Internet Information Services (IIS) – World Wide Web service
- Optional: MS SQL Server 2000, 2005 or 2008
GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6 Screenshot
GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6 Keywords
Bookmark GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6
GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6.1
- GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6 BETA 2 build 20080813
- GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6 BETA 2 build 20080
- GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6.0
- GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 6
- GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 5 Build build 20071109
- GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 5
- GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 5
- GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 5
- GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 5
- GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 4
- GFI MailArchiver for Exchange 3