LanToucher Instant Messenger 1.5
LanToucher Instant Messenger 1.5 Ranking & Summary
LanToucher Instant Messenger 1.5 description
Being an efficient WinPopup and net send command alternative, this full-featured instant messaging application offers you a much richer network communication environment, expanding the concept of conventional serverless messaging. LanToucher Instant Messenger user-friendly interface and original features make LanToucher Instant Messenger the tool of choice for both home and enterprise instant messaging. Based on peer-to-peer technology, LanToucher allows users to communicate directly with one another. No dedicated server or Internet connection is required.
This feature fully controls the state of the Messenger service. Unlike other compatible instant messengers for intranets, LanToucher pauses the service at startup, and restarts it on exit so that you could still receive messages using the Messenger service before logging on, after logging off, and while at the Welcome screen (Windows XP).
- Proven cross-platform compatibility
- LanToucher is fully compatible with Messenger service / net send (Windows NT/2000/XP/Server 2003), WinPopup messenger (Windows 3.x/95/98/Me), Samba smbclient (Unix/Linux) and a broad range of compatible instant messengers based on the standard SMB/CIFS protocol.
- All 32-bit Windows versions support
- Low memory and network bandwidth usage
- Unlike most fancy messaging applications, LanToucher needs less than 8 megabytes of RAM and generates minimal network traffic.
- True peer-to-peer (serverless) connectivity
- LanToucher does not require a dedicated messaging server, so users can communicate directly with one another.
- LAN-only messaging without file transfer ability
- LanToucher does not require an Internet connection to operate and does not provide a file transfer option. Therefore it is absolutely immune to hacker
- attacks, viruses, and other security threats inherent to Internet messengers.
- Multiprotocol support
- LanToucher works perfectly over any available network transport protocol (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, or NetBEUI).
- Terminal Services/Remote Desktop support
- LanToucher Instant Messenger is compatible with TS and RDP allowing multiple Terminal Server users/Remote Desktop users to contact each other and other network users freely.
- Feature-rich user interface
- Particular needs.
- Contact List (ActiveList)
- It is pretty easy to add, remove your contacts, see whether a person is
- Online or not, send messages to multiple contacts at once, or optionally ignore computers not in your ActiveList. From the ActiveList menu you can easily customize your contacts settings such as picture/portrait, sounds, message font color and other contact-specific settings.
- Advanced sound and visual notification
- With the original LanToucher sound notification scheme in conjunction with visual notification you will never miss your important messages and other
- vital events.
- User Macros and Status Messages
- Instantaneous access to your predefined message templates and status/away messages by a hot key or two mouse clicks.
- Automatic Message Forwarding
- This enables you to automatically forward all incoming messages to another user or computer on your network when you are away from your computer.
Advanced Messenger service support
- ActiveList import and export feature
- Slight performance improvement
- K6 or Pentium Processor
- 16 MB RAM (32 MB recommended)
- 6 MB hard drive space
- Network interface card connected to a Local Area Network
- Another computer running LanToucher; WinPopup-compatible mailer; Messenger Service
- DirectSound-compatible sound card recommended
LanToucher Instant Messenger 1.5 Screenshot
LanToucher Instant Messenger 1.5 Keywords
Bookmark LanToucher Instant Messenger 1.5
LanToucher Instant Messenger 1.5 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.