Pegasus Mail 4.63
Pegasus Mail 4.63 Ranking & Summary
Pegasus Mail 4.63 description
Pegasus Mail 4.63 is created to be an ideal and complete e-mail client that runs on computers using Microsoft Windows: by client, they mean that it interacts directly with the user, allowing mail to be sent, read, filed, printed and otherwise manipulated through a graphical interface. Probably one of the most feature-rich mail clients available, most users say that they find the program easy to use despite its richness. Small and fast, Pegasus Mail can be left running permanently on the workstation and includes powerful tools to notify the user when new mail arrives.
Pegasus Mail can run on single Windows computers, or local area networks - it has special support for Novell NetWare LANs that allow it to operate intuitively and with almost no maintenance. The program also supports multiple users on a single computer. Versions are available for both 32-bit Windows (Windows 98, NT4, 2000, XP and Vista) and 16-bit Windows (any version of Windows 3.1 or later). Pegasus Mail can act as a complete internal mail system on its own without needing further servers or components: it can send and receive Internet mail on its own using standard protocols (SMTP, IMAP and POP3). By adding Mercury Mail Transport System as a mail server, you can provide fully-integrated centralized Internet e-mail services and mailing list management for your Pegasus Mail users.
- Multilingual availability - available with fully-translated French, German and Italian interfaces, as well as English.
- Security, security, security: Pegasus Mail protects you from even the worst HTML-borne virus and trojans, and protects your privacy by intercepting web bugs. Pegasus Mail is immune to *all* the exploits that affect the "other" mailer - browse your mail with genuine confidence.
- View your folders in either a multi-pane mode (like the "other" mailer) or in Pegasus Mail's powerful "classic" mode, where each folder has its own window and can be manipulated separately. Switching between these views is as simple as clicking a single button.
- Mail filtering; Pegasus Mail pioneered this in 1991, and it's still the most powerful implementation of automated rule-based filtering you'll find in a mail client.
- Bayesian filtering - Pegasus Mail's built-in Spamhalter Bayesian filter learns from the spam you receive and automatically files it in your junk folder.
- Content control allows you to apply comprehensive rules to trap spam and unwanted mail
- MailMerge allows you to create customized form letters to multiple recipients
- Support for all major Internet mail-related protocols - SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, LDAP, PH
- SSL Support on all protocols for secure mail access
- Distribution lists allow easy management of large mailing databases
- Support for multiple "identities" - easily-selectable groups of preference settings
- Support for multiple users on the same machine as well as on networks.
- Multiple folder formats and the ability to "mount" other users mailboxes on your desktop
- Powerful message editor with full formatting capabilities
- Full support for the Internet MIME protocol, including digests and alternative message types
- Comprehensive HTML mail generation, in a responsible form - no remote images, scripts or other nasties, just a good range of tables, images and the other formatting you need for real mail.
- Powerful, multiple addressbooks with aliasing ("nicknames") and full user detail records
- Automatic listing of local users
- Complete support for Novell NetWare local area networks, in both NDS and Bindery modes.
- Selective download allows you to preview a POP3 mailbox before downloading it.
- Offline operation allows you to read and compose your mail while you are not connected to the Internet.
- Many ease-of-use features, including easily-accessible lists of recently-used addresses, directories and files, and address completion in any address field.
- Message reader supports wrapping options to handle even the most deviant messages
- Rich plugin interface allows third-party extensions and mail forms to be developed
- Template interface allows you to design complex mail forms using a simple text editor
- Spelling checker, with UK English and US English dictionary, and user dictionary additions.
- Highlight signficant messages using your own colour schemes
- Sort your mail by date, size, sender, subject, colour or thread, in ascending or descending order
- Grouped views allow you poweful extended views of the mail in your folders, including presenting message threads based on their activity.
- View attachments directly from within the program
- Supports confirmation of reading and confirmation of delivery requests
- Glossaries allow you to store commonly-used texts and expand them with a single keystroke
- Automatic replies and automatic forwarding when interfaced with Mercury mail server
- Powerful encryption interface - the program has its own encryptor, and by adding readily available plugins, can support encryptors such as PGP.
- Noticeboards allow controlled posting and reading in public mail areas, much like Internet news.
- Optional copies to self ("sent mail" in other programs), with the ability to prompt for a folder where the copy should be placed, and full mail filtering support to file your copies.
- Selectable and user-adjustable toolbars
- Incredibly rich preferences set allows you to control practically every aspect of the program
- Rich options for reporting new mail while the program is minimized on your desktop
- Automatic hyperlinking of URLs and e-mail addresses, even in non-HTML messages
- Over 500KB of well-indexed, logically-arranged online help
- Drag and drop attachments from the desktop to Pegasus Mail
- Notepads give you an easily-accessible workspace for storing notes and work in progress
- Circulation messages allow you to send a message or document to successive people in order for comment and amendment.
- Full DDE interface
- Telephone message form for the office environment
- Support for multiple simultaneously accessible POP3 and IMAP mailboxes.
- Powerful Select feature allows you to select messages based on arbitrarily complex conditions
- And much more. The program is free - download it and see if it has the features you need.
- Pegasus Mail for Windows, 32-bit version - system requirements
- Windows 98, NT, 2000, XP or Vista; they believe Windows 7 poses no problems, although they have not yet done extensive testing on that platform. Please note that Windows 95 is NOT supported.
- 10MB disk space, plus whatever is required for mail storage
- 8 - 16MB RAM above minimum system requirements.
- Pegasus Mail for Windows, 16-bit version - system requirements
- Any version of Microsoft Windows v3.1 or later
- 4MB disk space plus whatever is required for mail storage
- 2MB RAM above minimum system requirements
- Supported Local Area Networks
- Novell NetWare 3.x and later in Bindery Mode (although native NDS mode is strongly recommended if you are running NetWare 4.x or later)
- Novell NetWare 4.x, 5.x and 6.x in native NDS mode
- Windows NT Server
- Windows Peer-to-Peer, Samba, and similar peer-based networks
Pegasus Mail 4.63 Screenshot
Pegasus Mail 4.63 Keywords
Bookmark Pegasus Mail 4.63
Pegasus Mail 4.63 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.