POPcon 3.50 Ranking & Summary
POPcon 3.50 description
POPcon 3.50 is an excellent tool for your email. It actually connects MS Exchange Server(tm) to POP3 and IMAP mailboxes. It acts as an e-mail collector that retrieves messages from POP3 mailboxes and delivers them to your Microsoft Exchange Server mailboxes according to the intended user found in the mails.
The mail sender transmits emails via the SMTP-protocol directly (or over an additional smtp relay server) to your POP3 mailbox at your provider. POPcon periodically connects to your POP3 and IMAP mailboxes, downloads the email using the POP3 or IMAP protocol and stores the messages in temporary files. After downloading emails from all your mailboxes, POPcon connects to your Exchange Server and sends the previously downloaded emails via the SMTP protocol directly to your Exchange users.
- Poll private POP3 and IMAP mailboxes and forward mail to a single MS Exchange Server™ mailbox or distribute mail collected in a single catch-all POP3 or IMAP mailbox to multiple MS Exchange Server™ mailboxes according to user the mail was sent to. POPcon analyses the mail header fields (TO:, CC, received .. for, X-RESENT-TO, etc.) and filters mail recipients for matches to pre-configured "allowed" domains.
- Can be installed on same machine as MS Exchange Server™ - uses only one internet connection and at least one POP3 mailbox to receive mail for the whole workgroup or company.
- Minimum download schedule interval: 1 minute
- Flexible scheduling for mail retrieval based on day of week. Have different retrieval times at night and on weekends or have POPcon check for mail every minute.
- Automatically uses a configurable dial-up networking account to connect to and disconnect from the internet. Supports Routers and dedicated internet connections as well.
- Monitor POPcon's actions from any system in your network using the "POPcon Administrator" utility included with the software. Trigger mail retrieval at odd times or configure additional POP3 mailboxes to poll - all from your workstation.
- POPcon is installed as a service, POPcon is started at system startup time without the need for a user to log in.
- POPcon is also available in a Pro version with additional functions.
- New: Special POPcon NOTES variant for Lotus Notes Domino Server.
- New: Wordlists for user-defined blacklists and whitelists can now be exported and imported to/from textfile
- New: Support for "X-MailScanner-To" and "X-Rcpt-Original" Header
- New: Remove read receipt requests from incomming emails
- Improved: Support for very long multi-line "received..for" headers
- Improved: Support for Exchange blocking emails because of IMF
- Improved: Lowercase characters only in recipient addresses.
- Bugfix: Tagging messages as [SPAM] did not work without Subject header
- Bugfix: Problems with the name resolution of the SMTP/Exchange server could crash POPcon
- Improved: Can now work with reused UIDs in POP3 comms
- Improved: Handles message/partial MIME tags
- Operating System
- Windows 2008 ™ x32 or x64
- Windows 2003 ™ x32 or x64
- Windows 2000 ™
- Windows NT 4.0 ™
- Windows XP ™
- Other software
- Exchange Server 2007™
- Exchange Server 2003™
- Exchange Server 2000™
- Exchange 5.5 Server™
- All SBS-Versions of the above
- Other mail server software:
- Lotus Domino/Notes™
- Tobit David™
- Memory & CPU: No special requirements.
- Harddisc free space: 10MB plus the amount needed to temporarily store downloaded emails before they are forwarded to Exchange - use the maximum size of your internet provider's POP3 or IMAP mailbox to be on the safe side.
- Monitor & graphics: No special requirements.
- Network cards: One network adapter is sufficient but POPcon also works with two or more cards.
- Internet connection - Any internet connection via dial-up or routers as long as POPcon can connect to POP3 and IMAP ports on your ISP mailbox servers.
POPcon 3.50 Screenshot
POPcon 3.50 Keywords
Bookmark POPcon 3.50
POPcon 3.50 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- AXIGEN Mail Server for Windows OS 7.2 Beta
- AXIGEN Mail Server for Linux 7.2 Beta
- Rebex Secure Mail for .NET 1.0.3479.0
- ArGoSoft Mail Server .NET 22.214.171.124
- AXIGEN Mail Server Enterprise Edition 7.1.4
- ArGoSoft Mail Server .NET Web Interface 126.96.36.199
- AXIGEN Mail Server Office Edition Free 7.1.4
- 5star Mail Server 5.1