BitDefender Virus Definitions September 29, 2008
BitDefender Virus Definitions September 29, 2008 Ranking & Summary
BitDefender Virus Definitions September 29, 2008 description
Works with BitDefender Professional Plus, BitDefender Antispyware, BitDefender Standard, BitDefender Internet Security
Because new threats appear every day, BitDefender antivirus must be updated periodically. The updates can be of these types:
- Virus signatures: databases of virus prints to be compared with the scanned files. Shown as Virus Definitions Update. These updates require restarting BitDefender. The restart occurs automatically.
- Spam signatures: rules for the heuristic and URL filters increasing the effectiveness of the antispam engine. Shown as AntiSpam Update.
- Product upgrades: new product features, scan techniques and hotfixes. Shown as Product Update. Occasionally, installing these updates requires restarting the computer.
To configure the automatic update do the following:
- Open BitDefender and click Update.
- Click Settings.
- Configure the Update location settings.
BitDefender 9 includes two update locations, allowing one of them to point to a local mirror.
- Configure the Automatic update options.
Select Automatic check for updates to find out when updates are available.
BitDefender checks for updates every 1 hour. Click Verify every hours to modify the number of hours after which a check for updates is performed.
Leave the Confirm update to Silent update unless you desire to be prompted before downloading the updates or before installing them. A similar option is available for the manual update under the Manual update settings.
- Configure the Advanced options.
To prevent prompts asking for reboot, select Wait for reboot, instead of prompting.
- Click Apply to save the settings.
- Click Default to restore the default settings.
Occasional updates can be perfomed at any time, even when the product is set to update automaticaly:
- Open BitDefender and click Update.
Click also Update at the top of the window if the Settings are displayed.
- Click Update now to start the update process.
If the option Prompt before downloading updates was selected in the Settings, and when updates are available, a list of the updates available for download is displayed. Select the product to install and click Details to see the file download details. Select Switch to silent update (dont ask me again) to stop being prompted on manual update. Click OK to download and install the new files or Cancel to postpone the update.
BitDefender Virus Definitions September 29, 2008 Screenshot
BitDefender Virus Definitions September 29, 2008 Keywords
Bookmark BitDefender Virus Definitions September 29, 2008
BitDefender Virus Definitions September 29, 2008 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Definitions 30 July 2009
- BitDefender Virus Definitions June 30, 2009
- BitDefender Virus Definitions June 29, 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Definitions 22 October 2008
- Virutize Virus Protection 2008.212104
- F-Secure Virus Definitions September 30, 2008
- Norton AntiVirus Virus Definitions September 29, 2008
- AVG Anti-Virus Definitions September 29, 2008
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Definitions 02 June 2009
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus Definitions 01 June 2009
- Quick Heal Anti-Virus for Windows 98/Me 2008
- Quick Heal Anti-Virus for Windows NT/200 2008
- BitDefender Virus Definitions November 9, 2007
- BitDefender Antivirus Plus 10.2
- F-Secure Anti-Virus 2008
- Anti Virus Advance 2008.21814
- CA Anti-Virus Plus Anti-Spyware 2008 2008
- Multi Virus Cleaner 2008 8.7.0
- Protector Plus Virus Database 2008 8.0.D28
- BitDefender Virus Definitions July 14, 2009
- Bitdefender 2008 Virus Definitions July 13, 2008
- BitDefender Virus Definitions June 27, 2009
- F-Secure Virus Definitions September 29, 2008
- Bitdefender 2008 Virus Definitions September 23, 2008