eScan Web & Mail Filter for Windows 9.0.824.205
eScan Web & Mail Filter for Windows 9.0.824.205 Ranking & Summary
eScan Web & Mail Filter for Windows 9.0.824.205 description
eScan Web and Mail Filter for Windows is the latest offering from Micro-World Technologies Inc. It offers a combination of features to help you fight the threat of viruses, set security policies for parental control over content accessed by your child. It guards against Internet misuse, block Spam and offensive mails and block PopUp Ads.
- Advanced Content Matching Options
- The software should allow you to set advanced content matching options that search for restricted words in different parts of the web page, set number of times a restricted word occurs in a page before it is blocked, allow you to block page elements like images, applications, movie files, etc.
- Restricted Phrase Checking For Spam Mails
- Spam mails are unsolicited junk mail. These have an enticing subject line like: deal of a lifetime; free your debts, etc. The words may occur in the body, header, and HTML tags of the e-mail.
- Block Spammer
- Another way to beat a Spam is to refuse entry to e-mail IDs that are known Spammers.
- EMail Attachment Control
- E-mails are an invaluable tool to send and receive information. But they provide a very easy way to send out company confidential information in the form of attachments. While e-mail themselves can carry only information, e-mail attachments are the real sources to leak valuable company information. The following features need to be present.
- Archive EMails
- Software should allow system administrators to save into an archive folder, e-mails and attachments, sent or received by users in the network. The saved e-mails can then be browsed to see if the contents violate your security policy. At the same time, you should be able to exclude specific attachment types from being archived.
- Pop Up Ad Filter
- Pop Up Ad is an advertisement that appears when you access or exit a web page. These are created and placed on web pages by advertisers or web site owners. Not all Pop Ups are unwanted. Some sites require you to fill a registration form or you may have clicked a link for information and it is displayed as Pop Up.
- Privacy Protector
- Privacy is very important to you. Manually deleting history folders, cache, etc. does not ensure your privacy as others can still find out details of the sites you visited, files opened, etc. The Browser Clean Up! feature allows you to automatically run a schedule that removes all such traces from your system...
- The Content Security software should broadly address the following issues.
- Control access to websites
- Control e-mail activity
- Control remote file modification
- Block Spammers e-mail ID and issue warnings and notifications
- If your organization is large, then you need to assign uniform global security policies that govern all machines in your network.
- Recommended features of good Content Security software are given below
- Control access to websites: The software should allow you to selectively block and allow websites on your network. The following issues need to be addressed:
- Restricted words:
- Software should allow you to specify restricted words and phrases like: porn, xxx, etc. and add them to the restricted words list. Access to any URL or page, that has these words, should automatically be blocked.
- The software should also be intelligent enough, not to block or flag educational or medical sites. Many Content Security software, currently available in the market, have this crippling problem.
- List of banned sites:
- Software should allow you to add URLs of banned sites. Access to these sites is immediately blocked. Some notorious sites like www.hustler.com, www.playboy.com, etc. do not change their names. Such known sites need to be blocked outright.
- Banned IP:
- Websites can be accessed by entering the IP (Internet Protocol) number. The software should be able to translate the IP number to its website name and block access if it contains restricted words or is on the banned list.
- Filter Category:
- The software should allow you to create category of filters for block and allow site. Sites related to the category can be listed there. For e.g. Pornography Category will have sites related to porn and all sites for this category are blocked. It should be possible to add or remove sites from block and allow category with a mouse click.
- Log Files:
- The software should auto create a log of sites visited, blocked sites and reason why it was blocked
- For Windows 95/98
- Pentium Processor
- 64 MB of Physical Ram
- 100 MB of free H/Disk Space.
- For Windows ME/NT Workstation/XP
- Latest Service Pack installed
- Pentium II Processor and above
- 64-128 MB of Physical Ram
- 100 MB of free H/Disk Space.
eScan Web & Mail Filter for Windows 9.0.824.205 Screenshot
eScan Web & Mail Filter for Windows 9.0.824.205 Keywords
Bookmark eScan Web & Mail Filter for Windows 9.0.824.205
eScan Web & Mail Filter for Windows 9.0.824.205 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.