Outlook Connector for MDaemon 2.2.2
Outlook Connector for MDaemon 2.2.2 Ranking & Summary
Outlook Connector for MDaemon 2.2.2 description
Outlook Connector for MDaemon 2.2.2 offers you a useful tool which opens up the groupware collaboration functions of Microsoft Outlook to small and mid-sized businesses by using MDaemon Email Server as the mail messaging server. With Outlook Connector for MDaemon you can stay in touch with employees, co-workers, customers, and vendors by sharing Outlook's email, calendar with free/busy scheduling, address book, distribution lists, tasks, notes and more.
As with MDaemon, Outlook Connector is designed for businesses with little or no professional computer support. Its simplicity, economy and extensive features make Outlook Connector for MDaemon the recognized way to use Outlook's groupware collaboration tools on a small to mid-sized business budget.
Alt-N Technologies' MDaemon email server provides outstanding groupware and collaboration functionality when paired with Outlook Connector. It makes professional-quality groupware collaboration features available to budget-minded small- to medium-sized businesses with or without IT personnel. The shared information is also available for on-the-go users through the groupware collaboration features of WorldClient, MDaemon's webmail application.
The purchase of Outlook Connector includes one year of free upgrade protection to safeguard your investment.
MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT: English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian-Bokmal, Swedish, Dutch, Hungarian, Polish
- Groupware Collaboration Support
- Groupware Functions Integration: Outlook Connector links the content sharing functions of Outlook to the groupware functions built into MDaemon. This plug-in enables Outlook users to share their calendars, messages, contacts, tasks, notes, and other items using MDaemon as the email server platform.
- Real time synchronization: Additions or changes made in Outlook are synchronized in real-time on the server. No user synchronization is required.
- Designed for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses
- Easy on Budgets: Outlook Connector and the groupware functions of MDaemon make the benefits of Outlook sharing economical for small and mid-size businesses.
- Outlook Connector is designed to be installed and configured without requiring an extensive IT background or expensive certifications. At the same time, it has fine tuning options making it popular with IT professionals.
- Runs on Current and Legacy Systems: Both Outlook Connector and MDaemon run on either legacy or current hardware and operating systems. There is no need to upgrade to costly hardware and operating systems to enjoy the benefits of group sharing.
- Versatile Uses: Many types of small and large businesses can benefit from Outlook Connector.
- Business types include manufacturers and service enterprises, law offices, insurance companies, hospitals and doctor offices, charities and non-profit organizations, schools and school districts, financial planners, government agencies, technology companies.
- Flexible Licensing: The Outlook Connector license is separate from the MDaemon license and may be a different size. You can purchase an Outlook Connector license for the number of users who actually use Outlook Connector. It is not required for the MDaemon and the Outlook Connector license sizes to match.
- Sharing Flexibility
- Sharing by Degrees: Options for sharing vary from only showing the availability of the information to allowing complete control to add, change and delete.
- Outlook and Web Mail Access: Outlook Connector uses the same shared information available through MDaemon’s built-in web mail, WorldClient. You can view your shared information via WorldClient or Outlook.
- Apply Sharing Permissions to Subfolders: When setting up sharing permissions, you can apply the permissions to the current folder and, optionally, all of its subfolders.
- Integration with Outlook Features
- Grouping Support: Grouping support allows you to organize mail different ways within Outlook. Outlook Connector provides support for this popular capability.
- Delivery Confirmation: Outlook Connector supports Outlook’s delivery confirmation function.
- “Send immediately...” Support: Outlook Connector supports the “Send Immediately” function of Outlook.
- Mailbox Convenience: All incoming messages go to the Outlook Inbox.
- Mail Folder Support: Mail folders can be shared without needing to use an Outlook IMAP account. Users have only one Inbox, and sent messages are saved to their IMAP Sent Items folder.
- Fast Message Transfer: Moving messages among folders is fast.
- Modest System Requirements: Outlook Connector requires few system resources on the computers running MDaemon and Outlook.
- Local Cache Storage: Outlook Connector has an easy way to select a location for the local cache storage if you need to move it from the default.
- Stability: Outlook Connector uses MAPI service provider technology, which is Microsoft Outlook’s native technology. Outlook Connector replaces the troublesome PST files with fast and reliable local data storage.
- Open Protocols: Outlook Connector uses industry standard SMTP and IMAP protocols to facilitate cost-effective, open and secure communications. Outlook Connector uses the standards-compliant MDaemon for its groupware functionality.
- Easy Installation: Outlook Connector is easy to install and set up on both MDaemon and Outlook.
- Easy Maintenance: Enable sharing by server or domain.
- Add users individually or in bulk. Automatically add Outlook users on first use.
- Keep contact lists up to date. Grows with Your Needs: The default settings of Outlook Connector create an easy entry point for beginners. Detailed configuration options provide fine-tuning controls for experienced users and IT professionals.
- User Experience
- Easy Sharing: Through Outlook, each account holder assigns content sharing options to other users.
- Easy Client Functions: Share selected folders. Set up sharing options by user.
- Folder Ownership Display: In Outlook 2003 and later, Outlook Connector displays the name of folder owners adjacent to the folder name
- Multilingual Support: Outlook Connector is localized in multiple languages. When using system-level folders —such as Drafts, Calendar, and Contacts—Outlook Connector users see these folders names in their selected language, Administrators of MDaemon see the names in English.
- “Out of Office” Editor: MDaemon has a function for setting up server-side auto-responder messages for individual accounts. Outlook Connector extends access to this function to Outlook.
- You can use this function for setting up “out of office” messages, for example.
Enhancements: Outlook Connector for MDaemon version 2.2.2 now supports iCalendar (iCal) meeting format. Several large fixes have been included in this release and now all versions of Outlook require Service Pack 3 in order to run Outlook Connector.
- MDaemon Pro 8.0 or higher, 9.0 or higher is recommended
- Microsoft Windows XP/2000/2003/Vista operating system (Only 32-bit versions of listed OS)
- Outlook 2000, XP, 2003, 2007
- Computer with Pentium III 500 MHz (or higher) processor (Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or higher recommended)
- 256 MB of memory (512 MB recommended)
- Disk space: 5MB for the installation of the Outlook Connector client. For performance and compatibility reasons Outlook Connector maintains a local cache - additional disk space will be required for these cache files which will grow with time. recommendation is to budget on 300MB per Outlook Connector enabled profile however this will vary depending on the size of the users MDaemon account.
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
- TCP/IP network protocol installed
- Internet or Intranet communication capabilities
Outlook Connector for MDaemon 2.2.2 Screenshot
Outlook Connector for MDaemon 2.2.2 Keywords
Bookmark Outlook Connector for MDaemon 2.2.2
Outlook Connector for MDaemon 2.2.2 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.