QuadQuest 2.31.57 Ranking & Summary
QuadQuest 2.31.57 description
QuadQuest 2.31.57 offers an effective tool which helps you to play four quests. Each quest has its own hero, but you choose the five party members that will accompany the hero. Battle more than 100 different enemies in medieval, mythical lands. Select from more than 100 different items when equipping your party.
- To begin, select the quest you would like to complete. You will then be presented with an introduction to the story as well as a map indicating where the story takes place.
- Your next task is to pick the genie that will accompany you are your quest. Either one will be fine since they perform the some job. Next, you will want to select your party members. You can choose from a premade party or make your own custom party. The easiest, fastest way to get started is to choose a premade party, but if you want more control, make your own.
- You will now be presented with the genie’s services. Buy equipment and items for your party, train for the battle ahead, and get advice. For details about the genie’s services, see the “Genie’s Services” section of this help file. When you are ready to begin the quest, select “Play Quest.”
- You can then read about the first chapter in the story. It will tell you what is happening. After you finish reading, select “OK” to begin the battle.
- You will begin with it being your turn. Take a look at the entire area by scrolling the screen to see where the enemies are located in reference to your party so you can determine what you want to do. Begin your turn by selecting one of your party members who is highlighted with a white square. You will then be given the various actions that you can perform with that selected party member. Your most basic actions to perform are to move and to attack (either with a weapon or with magic). But other actions may be needed to complete the battle. See the “Playing the Game” section of this help file for details on these actions.
- Select each of your remaining party members until you have performed an action with each of them. You can also select “End Turn” (located on the left side of the screen) at any time if there are party members that you do not want to perform any actions during that turn. When you have completed your turn by either performing an action with each party member or by selecting “End Turn,” the enemy will take its turn.
- After the enemy takes its turn, it will then be your turn again. You and the enemy will alternate taking turns until either you have defeated the enemy or the enemy has defeated your party.
- When you have defeated all the enemies and opened all the treasure boxes, the genie will again offer services to you. Resupply your party and get any necessary training and advice. Then proceed to the remaining battles that take place in the story.
Playing the Game
- PLAYER ACTIONS
- Move: When you select “Move,” the spaces where you can move this party member to will be highlighted with white squares as determined by your movement range. Select the white square where you want to move this party member. You can then confirm this move by selecting “Stay” or cancel the move my selecting “Cancel.” Or you can choose one of the other actions that are available.
- Attack: When you select “Attack,” the area within this party member’s attacking range and line of sight will be highlighted with white squares unless there are no enemies within this party member’s attacking range. Select one of the highlighted enemies and this party member will attack with the weapon that the party member currently has equipped.
- Magic: When you select “Magic,” a list of the party member’s magic spells is displayed unless the party member is not carrying any scrolls. Select a spell and then the range of the spell you selected will be highlighted with white squares as determined by the spell range and line of sight. Select an enemy if you chose an attack spell or a party member (including yourself) if you selected a heal spell and then the spell will be cast.
- Equip: Select this option to equip the party member.
- Items: Select this option to use, give, or discards items in the party member’s inventory. In order to give an item to another party member, the party members need to be standing beside each other.
- Open: Select this option to open a treasure box. The party member must be standing beside the treasure box in order to open it.
- Stay: If you select “Stay,” the party member will be placed in the current location.
- Cancel: If you select “Cancel,” the list of player actions will be no longer be displayed.
- ENEMY ACTIONS
- Move: An enemy will move within its movement range to gain a better position to attack or cast magic.
- Attack: An enemy will attack a player character with its physical attack if the target is within the enemy’s line of sight and attack range unless it can do more damage by casting magic.
- Magic: An enemy will attack a player character or characters with a magic spell if the target is within the enemy’s line of sight and spell’s attack range unless it can do more damage by attacking with a physical attack.
- Battle Behavior: There are three battle behaviors for enemies: Defensive, Offensive, Aggressive. The battle behavior will determine the enemy’s artificial intelligence (how the enemy behaves). An enemy, within the bounds of its battle behavior, attempts to do the maximum amount of damage to its target(s) in one turn while staying as far away from its target(s) as possible.
- Defensive: A defensive enemy will defend the location where it is initially placed unless it can attack at the end of its move. It will not move more than ½ its total movement range away from its initial placement location, returning to its initial placement location once it can no longer attack a player character. This allows for a defensive enemy to defend the area surrounding its initial placement location in one move.
- Offensive: An offensive enemy will not move from its current location unless it can move and attack a player character in one turn.
- Aggressive: An aggressive enemy will continually move toward the closest player character and will attack when within range.
- LINE OF SIGHT
- Line of sight is a computer representation of visual perception. In QuadQuest, a target is considered to be within line of sight of a player or enemy character if a line can be drawn between the character and the target without passing through an object that would obstruct the character’s view. Line of sight serves the following purposes.
- An enemy with either defensive or offensive behavior will only move toward and/or attack a target if the target is within the enemy’s line of sight. An enemy with aggressive behavior will move toward a target who is not within the enemy’s line of sight, but can only attack a target that is within the enemy’s line of sight.
- A player character can only attack or cast a spell on a target within the player character’s line of sight.
- Left Mouse Button: Use your left mouse button to select a character to move. You have to select a character that is highlighted with a white square.
- Right Mouse Button: If you right click on player characters, you can check the statistical information and view the inventories of the player characters. If you right click on enemy characters, you can check the statistical information of the enemy characters.
- Map: The map located in the top left portion of the screen is a mini-map of the larger area on which your characters are located. The white square of the mini-map depicts the area that is seen on the screen. You can move around the screen my clicking on this mini-map or dragging the white square located in the mini-map.
- ESC: Pressing the ESC key, will cancel the last action taken when moving or attacking a character.
- Menu: Pressing the Menu button, will display the menu options: Information, Exit to Main Menu, and Return to Game.
- Information: The help file, ordering information, music option, and about information are displayed by selecting Information. Note: If the music does not sound good or play properly on your computer because of your midi settings, use the music option to turn off the music. This will not affect the sound effects.
- Exit to Main Menu: To exit to the main menu, select this option. Be sure to save your game (if you want to continue it later) before you quit.
- Return to Game: Select this option to exit the Menu options and return to the game.
- End Turn: You can end your turn at any time by selecting this option. The enemy will then take its turn.
- Save: You can save your game any time you want by using this option.
- Cancel: A cancel button will appear after various actions that are performed by the player characters. Select the Cancel option to cancel this action.
Requirements: WinXP,Windows Vista Home Basic
QuadQuest 2.31.57 Screenshot
QuadQuest 2.31.57 Keywords
Bookmark QuadQuest 2.31.57
QuadQuest 2.31.57 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.