DXF Export for SketchUp 1.0
DXF Export for SketchUp 1.0 Ranking & Summary
DXF Export for SketchUp 1.0 description
DXF Export for SketchUp 1.0 is designed as a powerful program that you can export objects in SketchUp to 3d meshes in an AutoCAD DXF file. DXF Export for SketchUp tessellates objects in a SketchUp document into a set of triangular meshes. These meshes are then exported to a DXF file as mesh objects.
Installation & Usage:
Since DXF Export for SketchUp is a plug-in for SketchUp, it must be loaded into the SketchUp environment before it can be used. Please follow the simple instructions in the DXF Export for SketchUp ReadMe document which is copied into the installation folder. After you have loaded the plug-in file into SketchUp, simply click on the menu items in the "DXF Export for SketchUp" submenu to run these new commands. Truly, software made simple!
The 'DXF Export for SketchUp' menu consists of the following commands:
- Export - Export an AutoCAD DXF file
- Help - Displays the DXF Export for SketchUp help file
- Register - Registers your copy of DXF Export for SketchUp
- About - Displays the DXF Export for SketchUp About box
The DXF File Format:
- The AutoCAD DXF (Drawing Interchange Format, or Drawing Exchange Format) is a CAD data file format, developed by Autodesk as their solution for enabling data interoperability between AutoCAD and other programs. DXF was originally introduced in December 1982 as part of AutoCAD 1.0, and was intended to provide an exact representation of the data in the AutoCAD native file format, DWG (Drawing), for which Autodesk didn't (and doesn't) publish specifications.
- DXF is probably one of the most widely supported vector formats in the world today. DXF is rich in features, including: support for 3D objects, curves, text, associative dimensioning, etc. Although DXF was developed to represent the data used in a CAD program, it is used by many programs as a "least common denominator" format for the exchange of many different types of data, most commonly vector-oriented information but also text and 3D polygons.
- DXF Export for SketchUp tessellates objects in a SketchUp document into a set of triangular meshes. These meshes are then exported to a DXF file as mesh objects. These meshes can be exported to a DXF file as 3D Polyface Mesh, 3D Face, Line or Point objects.
- DXF Export for SketchUp is very easy to use. It adds new commands to SketchUp.
- Once installed, it automatically loads itself into SketchUp and adds a new submenu called "DXF Export for SketchUp" to the SketchUp Plugins menu containing the newly added commands.
DXF Export for SketchUp 1.0 Screenshot
DXF Export for SketchUp 1.0 Keywords
Bookmark DXF Export for SketchUp 1.0
DXF Export for SketchUp 1.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.