ExifTool 8.84 Ranking & Summary
ExifTool 8.84 description
ExifTool 8.84 is designed as a convenient and flexible platform-independent Perl library plus a command-line application for reading, writing and editing meta information in a wide variety of files.
ExifTool supports many different metadata formats including EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, JFIF, GeoTIFF, ICC Profile, Photoshop IRB, FlashPix, AFCP and ID3, as well as the maker notes of many digital cameras by Canon, Casio, FujiFilm, GE, HP, JVC/Victor, Kodak, Leaf, Minolta/Konica-Minolta, Nikon, Olympus/Epson, Panasonic/Leica, Pentax/Asahi, Reconyx, Ricoh, Samsung, Sanyo, Sigma/Foveon and Sony.
ExifTool is also available as a stand-alone Windows executable and a Macintosh OS X package: (Note that these versions contain the executable only, and do not include the HTML documentation or other files of the full distribution above.)
- Powerful, fast, flexible and customizable
- Supports a large number of different file formats
- Reads EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, JFIF, MakerNotes, GeoTIFF, ICC Profile, Photoshop IRB, FlashPix, AFCP, ID3 and more...
- Writes EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, JFIF, MakerNotes, ICC Profile, Photoshop IRB, AFCP and more...
- Reads and writes maker notes of many digital cameras
- Decodes a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma
- Numerous output formatting options (including tab-delimited, HTML, XML and JSON)
- Multi-lingual output (cs, de, en, en_ca, en_gb, es, fi, fr, it, ja, ko, nl, pl, ru, sv, tr, zh_cn or zh_tw)
- Geotags images from GPS track log files (with time drift correction!)
- Generates track logs from geotagged images
- Shifts date/time values to fix timestamps in images
- Renames files and organizes in directories (by date or by any other meta information)
- Extracts thumbnail images, preview images, and large JPEG images from RAW files
- Copies meta information between files (even different-format files)
- Reads/writes structured XMP information
- Deletes meta information individually, in groups, or altogether
- Sets the file modification date from EXIF information
- Supports alternate language tags in XMP, PNG, ID3, Font, QuickTime, ICC Profile, MIE and MXF information
- Processes entire directory trees
- Creates text output file for each image file
- Creates binary-format metadata-only (MIE) files for metadata backup
- Automatically backs up original image when writing
- Organizes output into groups
- Conditionally processes files based on value of any meta information
- Ability to add custom user-defined tags
- Support for MWG (Metadata Working Group) recommendations
- Recognizes thousands of different tags
- Tested with images from thousands of different camera models
- Advanced verbose and HTML-based hex dump outputs
- Added a few more SonyModelID's (thanks Jos Roost)
- Added a new CanonModelID and a number of new Canon LensType values
- Added a new Minolta/Sony LensType
- Decode CameraTemperature for a number of new Canon PowerShot models
- Decode information from PANA atom of Panasonic DMC-FT20 MP4 videos
- Decode a bit more of the Casio MakerNotes
- Improved Polish translations for EXIF information (thanks Kacper Perschke)
- Changed some warning messages for invalid IFD entries
- Patched to allow writing of Sony MakerNotes containing invalid IFD entries
- Requires Perl 5.004 or later. No other libraries or software required.
- Windows users: A stand-alone Windows executable version of ExifTool is available which doesn't require Perl. You can also use the pure Perl version if you already have Perl installed. (You can get a good, free Perl interpreter from activeperl.com.)
ExifTool 8.84 Screenshot
ExifTool 8.84 Keywords
Bookmark ExifTool 8.84
ExifTool 8.84 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.