FreeOCR 2.6 Ranking & Summary
FreeOCR 2.6 description
FreeOCR 2.6 offers an effective tool which helps you to scan OCR PDF files. Softi Free OCR is a complete scan and OCR program including the Windows compiled Tesseract free ocr engine also known as a Tesseract GUI.
It includes a Windows installer and It is very simple to use and supports multi-page tiff's, Adobe PDF and fax documents as well as most image types including compressed Tiff's which the Tesseract engine on its own cannot read .It now has Twain and WIA scanning.
The Tesseract OCR PDF engine is an open source product released by Google. It was developed at Hewlett Packard Laboratories between 1985 and 1995. In 1995 it was one of the top 3 performers at the OCR accuracy contest organized by University of Nevada in Las Vegas.
FreeOCR for scanned PDF is freeware and you can do what you like with it including commercial use. The included Tesseract free OCR engine is distributed under the Apache V2.0 license.
- Windows compiled Tesseract free ocr engine also known as a Tesseract GUI.
- Include a Windows installer
- Very simple to use and supports multi-page tiff's, Adobe PDF and fax documents as well as most image types including compressed Tiff's which the Tesseract engine on its own cannot read
- Has Twain and WIA scanning.
- Minor bug fixes to PDF rendering code (from v2.5
- PDF button - can now open and OCR scanned PDF files
- Images from a scanned document can be selected and placed on the clipboard
- Scans can be cropped before OCR
- Added button to remove line breaks from the OCR'ed text
- Fixed some bugs causing FreeOCR to crash when opening PNG's
- Improved user interface
- Pentium 2 256mb
- .net Framework 2.0
FreeOCR 2.6 Screenshot
FreeOCR 2.6 Keywords
Bookmark FreeOCR 2.6
FreeOCR 2.6 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.