Gene Construction Kit 3.0.4
Gene Construction Kit 3.0.4 Ranking & Summary
Gene Construction Kit 3.0.4 description
Gene Construction Kit 3.0.4 is considered as an intuitive and effective utility that offers the easy graphic manipulation of DNA sequences and is equipped with many sophisticated drawing capabilities. GCK allows customized formatting of any sequence text, feature, annotation, or graphic element.
In addition, GCK keeps track of segment history and offers the flexibility of displaying the same segment of DNA in a number of ways to emphasize key features on which the end-user wishes to focus. GCK was named the "Best Plasmid Mapping Software" by the Biotechnology Software and Internet Journal for four straight years.
GCK readily generates high quality black and white or color illustrations for journal submissions, slides, posters, or papers. It is ideal for designing and managing complex cloning projects or assembling DNA sequences for use in sequence analysis programs such as the Gene Inspector®.
- Manipulate actual DNA sequences through a unique and innovative graphical interface
- Ideal for planning and tracking complex construction projects
- Identify PCR primers, and add them as features to a construct
- View construct either as a text sequence or graphically, linear or circular
- Identify and label introns in a DNA sequence - automatically skip them when translating the protein
- Single search submission to query multiple online databases (KEGG, PubMed, PDB, GO, EntrezGene, etc.)
- Automatically monitor and adjust DNA fragment ends during cutting and pasting
- Custom formatting for nearly any graphic object - define font, color, size, line thickness, pattern, shape, direction, etc.
- Search, download, and import GenBank and EMBL files with all feature table items translated automatically into GCK graphical elements
- Perform automated shotgun cloning experiments - quickly generate a library of GCK constructs
- Unique Chronography feature tracks the history of any given DNA segment and maintains alternative views
- Cut and paste DNA segments from one construct to another - including segment history defined in chronography
- View predicted electrophoresis patterns of restriction digests including partial digests
- Create illustrations containing multiple constructs, gels, sequence listings, free text, legends and other graphics
- Search Files module provides sophisticated database-like capabilities - save storage locations, project names, plasmid reference numbers, etc.
- Create silent mutations to add or remove a restriction site from a sequence without changing the coding information
- Mark restriction sites using one or more completely editable and expandable enzyme lists
- Find Open Reading Frames using any codon table you specify
- Frame segments of DNA in the sequence display - encompass site markers, sequence, or other regions of interest of a construct
- Use 3-letter or 1-letter amino acid representation for protein sequences
- Annotate sequence listings with custom 'adornments' to highlight sequence features
- Display and manipulate multiple constructs in the same illustration window
- Add arrows, rectangles, ellipses (filled or empty) and text to illustrations
Gene Construction Kit 3.0.4 Screenshot
Gene Construction Kit 3.0.4 Keywords
Bookmark Gene Construction Kit 3.0.4
Gene Construction Kit 3.0.4 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.