GIMP 2.6.11 Ranking & Summary
RankingClick at the star to rank
User Review: 8 (55 times)
File size: 17.5 MB
Platform: Windows All
Date added: 2011-07-27
GIMP 2.6.11 description
GIMP 2.6.11 comes as a simple yet effective GNU Image Manipulation Program distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.
- Customizable Interface
- Each task requires a different environment and GIMP allows you to customize the view and behavior the way you like it. Starting from the widget theme, allowing you to change colors, widget spacings and icon sizes to custom tool sets in the toolbox. The interface is modulized into so called docks, allowing you to stack them into tabs or keep them open in their own window. Pressing the tab key will toggle them hidden.
- GIMP features a great fullscreen mode allowing you to not only preview your artwork but also do editing work while using the most of your screen estate.
- Photo Enhancement
- Numerous digital photo imperfections can be easily compensated for using GIMP. Fix perspective distortion caused by lens tilt simply choosing the corrective mode in the transform tools. Eliminate lens' barrel distortion and vignetting with a powerful filter but a simple interface.
- The included channel mixer gives you the flexibility and power to get your B/W photography stand out the way you need.
- Digital Retouching
- GIMP is ideal for advanced photo retouching techniques. Get rid of unneeded details using the clone tool, or touch up minor details easily with the new healing tool. With the perspective clone tool, it's not difficult to clone objects with perspective in mind just as easily as with the orthogonal clone.
- Hardware Support
- GIMP includes a very unique support for various input devices out of the box. Pressure and tilt sensitive tablets, but also a wide range of USB or MIDI controllers. You can bind often-used actions to device events such as rotating a USB wheel or moving a MIDI controller's slider. Change the size, angle or opacity of a brush while you paint, bind your favorite scripts to buttons. Speed up your workflow!
- File Formats
- The file format support ranges from the common likes of JPEG (JFIF), GIF, PNG, TIFF to special use formats such as the multi-resolution and multi-color-depth Windows icon files. The architecture allows to extend GIMP's format capabilities with a plug-in. You can find some rare format support in the GIMP plugin registry.
- Thanks to the transparent virtual file system, it is possible to load and save files to from remote locations using protocols such as FTP, HTTP or even SMB (MS Windows shares) and SFTP/SSH.
- To save disk space, any format can be saved with an archive extension such as ZIP, GZ or BZ2 and GIMP will transparently compress the file without you needing to do any extra steps.
GIMP 2.6.11 Screenshot
GIMP 2.6.11 Keywords
Bookmark GIMP 2.6.11
GIMP 2.6.11 Copyright
WareSeeker.com do not provide cracks, serial numbers etc for GIMP 2.6.11. Any sharing links from rapidshare.com, yousendit.com or megaupload.com are also prohibited.
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. Free Download
Portable GIMP is the popular the GIMP for Windows image editor packaged as a portable app Free Download
GIMPshop is a modification of the free/open source GGIMP. Free Download
Create html pages with image/photo galleries. Batch process images, generate Free Download
A photo/image/animation editing/retouching and painting tool. Free Download
The complete Windows graphics program for image creation, viewing, and manipulation. Features include painting with 8 brushes, photo retouching, image enhancement and editing, color enhancement, image Free Download
The easy to use photo resizing software for all your digital camera pictures Free Download
Gain full control over your images. Free Download