K-3D 0.7.9.0 Ranking & Summary
K-3D 0.7.9.0 description
K-3D is the free-as-in-freedom 3D modelling, animation and rendering solution.
K-3D features a robust, object-oriented plugin architecture, designed to scale to the needs of professional artists, and is designed from-the-ground-up to generate motion-picture-quality animation using RenderMan-compliant render engines. We strongly recommend the Aqsis render engine for use with K-3D.
K-3Ds innovative interactive tutorial system will introduce you to basic use of the program. New tutorials can easily be recorded and shared with the rest of the community.
K-3D allows you to create and edit documents in multiple realtime OpenGL solid, shaded, texture-mapped views. You can even model, animate, and interact with animations while they play back for maximum productivity!
- Procedual modeling and animation.
- Interactive tutorials.
- Unlimited hierarchical undo/redo.
- Camera: pan/tilt, zoom, dolly, modeling and tripod modes.
- Viewing Modes: Detailed selection of visible features.
- Hide / unhide geometry.
- Powerful scene graph procedual modeling with complete modeling history.
- Selection: Objects, meshes, faces, edges, patched, curves, point groups, point.
- Geometry types: Polygon, NURBS, subdivision, blobby.
- 3D Primitives: Cone, circle, cushion, cylinder, disk, grid, paraboloid, polyhedon, sphere, torus.
- Boolean modeling operations.
- Text: FreeType? support.
- Instantiation: Create duplicates without adding gemometry to the scene.
- Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) allows arbitrary dataflow - any object property can be connected to any other compatible property.
- Animate any value.
- Unlimited number of animation channels.
- Bezier curve channels.
- Animate modeling operations.
Materials and Textures
- Textures with 16-bit float bitdepth.
- Procedual RenderMan shaders.
- Full RenderMan Support: Aqsis, Pixie, BMRT, PRman, 3Delight, Render Dot C.
- Extensible support for alternate render engines and models: YafRay.
- Render OpenGL previews to disk.
- Python engine (preferred for new script development).
- K3DScript engine (minimal scripting engine for tutorials / macros).
- Support for alternate script engine plugins and environments.
- Basic 2D compositing.
- Bitdepth 16-bit float per channel.
- Geometry Formats: AC3D, ASCII Scene Export, Apple QuickDraw?3D, AutoCad, Ayam, DirectX?, GNU Triangulated Surfaces, Quake II, PDB, RenderMan Interface Bytestream, VRML, Wavefront ... (some of them depend on PLIB installation)
JPEG (all platforms).
PNG (all platforms).
TIFF (all platforms).
OpenEXR (requires optional OpenEXR plugin).
BMP (requires optional ImageMagick? plugin).
SUN (requires optional ImageMagick? plugin).
- Cross-platform build system based on CMake, and major improvements in scalability and performance.
K-3D 0.7.9.0 Screenshot
K-3D 0.7.9.0 Keywords
Bookmark K-3D 0.7.9.0
K-3D 0.7.9.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.