NCBI Genome Workbench 2.5.0
NCBI Genome Workbench 2.5.0 Ranking & Summary
NCBI Genome Workbench 2.5.0 description
NCBI Genome Workbench 2.5.0 brings you an advanced and sophisticated program which is capable of viewing and analyzing sequence data. With Genome Workbench, you can view data in publically available sequence databases at NCBI, and mix this data with your own private data.
Genome Workbench can display sequence data in many ways, including graphical sequence views, various alignment views, phylogenetic tree views, and tabular views of data. It can also align your private data to data in public databases, display your data in the context of public data, and retrieve BLAST results.
Genome Workbench is built on the NCBI C++ ToolKit and uses cross-platform APIs for graphics. It runs on your local machine, and is available for Windows 2000/XP, Linux, MacOS X, and various flavors of Unix.
NCBI Genome Workbench is an integrated application for viewing and analyzing sequence data. Genome Workbench was developed entirely in-house at NCBI and makes use of the NCBI C++ ToolKit. The C++ ToolKit provides a convenient and flexible cross-platform API for managing system internals, database connections, network sockets, and the NCBI data model. In addition, the C++ ToolKit provides the Object Manager, which abstracts handling of sequences and sequence-related objects.
- New Features
- Added support of Genomes (user can now search and load genome information (collection of sequences) from NCBI into project.
- BAM files loader now integrated with genome information from NCBI
- Added support for a new cSRA file format
- MacOS-X 64-bit build added to distribution list
- Bug Fixes
- GFF reader optimized for better performance, file size and memory footprint
- Improved communication protocol for clients working with certain versions of not so standard firewalls
- Graphical Sequence View: improved clone feature rendering
- Graphical Sequence View: fixed incorrect selection broadcasting
- Multiple Alignment View: fixed memory leak causing major slow down or crash on large data
- Text View: can now show ASN.1 type information
- Text View: fixed bug in range display for FASTA format
- Tree View: fixed crash on entering letters for cluster ids
- Tree View: improved performance and fixed some issues with radial layout
- Improved performance of generating a meaningful description for sequences
- Export of annotations in ASN.1 format: fixed issues of files written incorrectly, so binary ASN cannot import back to Genome Workbench
- Generic Table View: implemented cell de-selection, improved object broadcasting
- Generic Table View: accessions and locations made clickable
- Search View: fixed bug with incorrect row selection when sorting
- Search View: fixed bug on searching for components
- New version notification dialog: improved UI to offer a clickable URL
- BAM file loader: fixed file permission issues on MacOS-X
- BAM file loader: allow to select more than one file at once
- Open Dialog: improved performance opening a project item with large number of objects (like Genome collection)
- Open File Dialog: fixed issue with sometimes incorrect file opening on Windows
- FASTA load: performance optimization
- Project Save and Load: improved progress reporting, so Genome Workbench does not look dead while it is just busy
- Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
NCBI Genome Workbench 2.5.0 Screenshot
NCBI Genome Workbench 2.5.0 Keywords
Bookmark NCBI Genome Workbench 2.5.0
NCBI Genome Workbench 2.5.0 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- SBW - Systems Biology Workbench 2.8.1
- Celera Genome Browser 5.1
- Database Workbench Lite for MySQL 18.104.22.168
- Database Workbench Lite for InterBase 22.214.171.124
- CLC RNA Workbench 4.7 Build 47011
- Processing and Analytics Workbench 1.0
- IBM LanguageWare Resource Workbench 126.96.36.199a
- Integrated Genome Browser 6.6.3 Build 9527