OpalCalc 1.20 Ranking & Summary
OpalCalc 1.20 description
OpalCalc 1.20 is launched to be a helpful and smart program which enables you to insert natural language as part of the sum, along with multi-line support so you can go back and adjust your previous calculations. Want a tiny footprint on the screen for a single sum? Resize accordingly. Want it to fill the screen for heavy-duty work? OpalCalc can adapt.
Featuring a lightweight footprint, on-the-fly calculation as you type, percentages, variable support, hundreds of units and functions, extensive notation support, intuitive design/documentation and much more. Once you've tried it, you'll never want to go back to your ordinary desktop (or PC) calculator again!
- Lightweight footprint (only 600k)
- Multiline support (notepad style)
- Configurable GUI with colour schemes
- Built-in 'Quickstart' tutorial
- Full colour coding
- Multiple undo/redo, zoom in/out, etc.
- Numerous built-in variables and functions (create your own too!)
- Percentages & hundreds of measures (create your own too)
- Extensive date and time support
- Currency support with conversion (data courtesy of themoneyconverter.com)
- Portable (260k from a pen drive!)
- Load/save/print support
- Programmer syntax and functions
- Custom number base support
- Advanced notation support
- Comma decimal point support for Europe, Russia, and South America etc.
- Time and date support!! See the main page and docs for more info
- OpalCalc docs will now save with the extension ".otxt" to show that it's not a normal text file. Just be aware that when you try to load/save documents saved with previous OpalCalc versions, that your old files will be hidden unless you change to the "All" option
- "New window" menu item to allow multiple documents open at once. This could previously also be achieved via Windows through Shift+Left left mouse button on the program's icon, though some of you may not have known this
- Speed improved. Opalcalc is much faster with unquoted text, and up to 10x faster calculations in relatively unusual circumstances (using "ans" and units a lot).
- Custom stored variables now need to be edited from the text file ("Open user defined variables" in menu). This allows for capital letters to be used freely in variable naming now
- You can now toggle on/off the Edit and Help toolbars
- Imrpoved documentation. All functions and menu options are in one table now
- Built in special variables are now magenta and colored differently to your own variables
- Custom units can now be used alongside custom stored variables in the saved text file
- Removed crash at approx 1000-2000 line limit (and the limit itself)
- "ans" or "answer" will now find the nearest non-blank answer and use that instead of immediately relying on whatever's just above
- If your currency isn't among the 60 currencies supported so far, then now you can at least add/update them manually
- Divide and multiply symbols revert back to / and * when used in quoted/ignored word sections
- Factory defaults are different with a more compact layout now. You can still resize bigger of course
- "Auto save prefs on exit" is now the default option from the beginning
- You can now clear all 'orphan' variables (orphan meaning not relying on another variable) by pressing Shift+F1
- Now shows open file name in titlebar along with "OpalCalc v1.20"
- One can now copy all text with a button in the "Show all Q+A" window.
- Pressing F10 to toggle "Stay on top" doesn't lose focus from the text area now
- Added "Appearance" main menu item (and put in the "colour scheme" submenu and F2/F3 show/hide menu items)
- Tidied up the number base menu
- Fixed bug which prevented creation of variables which happened to contain special words (e.g. 'total' in 'totaltime')
- .NET 3.5 or higher
OpalCalc 1.20 Screenshot
OpalCalc 1.20 Keywords
Bookmark OpalCalc 1.20
OpalCalc 1.20 Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.