Paint.NET PSD Plugin 2.0.0 Beta
Paint.NET PSD Plugin 2.0.0 Beta Ranking & Summary
Paint.NET PSD Plugin 2.0.0 Beta description
Paint.NET PSD Plugin 2.0.0 Beta will satisfy you with a really cost-effective and reliable filetype plugin for Paint.NET that enables both loading and saving of Photoshop .PSD files. It was originally written by Frank Blumenberg in 2006, and has been maintained by Tao Yue since 2010.
- The plugin can load and save the following features of Photoshop .PSD files with no loss of fidelity:
- RGB images
- Color depth of 8 bits per channel
- Raster images with no use of vector features
- Layers, using the common blend modes
- (Optional) RLE compression
- In this way, you can use the plugin to exchange work between Paint.NET and other programs. This is especially important since Paint.NET preserves layers only for the default .PDN format – other file formats are flattened on save. The .PSD file format thus offers the best way to preserve layers when moving between different graphics programs.
- The Photoshop .PSD file format is a de facto standard in the graphics industry. A number of programs can read and write .PSD files: not just the Adobe Creative Suite, but also many non-Adobe programs such as Autodesk Sketchbook, 3ds Max, The GIMP, and Microsoft Expression Design.
- Major new features:
- Higher color-depth images can be loaded. Since Paint.NET represents images using 32-bit color (8 bits/channel):
- 16 bits/channel images will lose some precision.
- 32 bits/channel images will be truncated to the standard dynamic range.
- ZIP-compressed images can now be loaded.
- Newer versions of Photoshop use this type of compression for 16 bits/channel and 32 bits/channel images.
- Older versions of Photoshop also offered this as an option for 8 bits/channel images.
- Bugfixes and other minor changes:
- Empty layers are now preserved on load and save.
- Layer names can now contain Unicode characters.
- Several mismapped layer blend modes are now mapped correctly between Paint.NET and PSD: Color burn, Color dodge, and Additive.
- Somewhat faster saving of images when a large portion of a layer is non-transparent.
- PSD files created by Adobe Photodeluxe are no longer blocked from loading.
- The plugin will now verify that sufficient memory exists to load a .PSD file into Paint.NET. The user will get an out-of-memory error, rather than experience an apparent hang as the disk thrashes from virtual memory paging.
Paint.NET PSD Plugin 2.0.0 Beta Screenshot
Paint.NET PSD Plugin 2.0.0 Beta Keywords
Bookmark Paint.NET PSD Plugin 2.0.0 Beta
Paint.NET PSD Plugin 2.0.0 Beta Copyright
Want to place your software product here?
Please contact us for consideration.
- Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 2 / 18.104.22.168 / 22.214.171.124
- AGAVA AntispamServant plugin for 2.1.6
- Extra Headers Plugin 1.4
- OfficeStatus 126.96.36.199
- kCalendar 0.1 beta
- Xbel Bookmark Manager 188.8.131.52
- Yahoo! Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox 184.108.40.20690605061254 Beta / 220.127.116.1190622040742
- DBX Plugin for Windows Commander Beta